budget gaming pc

Hi, I found in my local classified a gaming pc with a fx 6300 black edition and a gtx 680. the guy is asking 400 negotiable. I was wondering if I were better off buying this pc and learn how to overclock etc with it and when I have more money, buy a brand new high end gaming pc. Or, go out and buy a r5 1600 and gtx 1070 now and stick with it for 3-4 years.

Don't. Unless deals in your area are shit, don't. They have to be, like, in excellent, like-new condition to be worth that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i would avoid that FX 6300 (its old and slow and bottlenecks even a gtx 1060 at 1080p)

and the GTX 680 just runs hot and consumes a lot of power

is your budget 400 or...if youre willing to buy new components it sounds like youre okay at spending more?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, mok said:

i would avoid that FX 6300 (its old and slow and bottlenecks even a gtx 1060 at 1080p)

and the GTX 680 just runs hot and consumes a lot of power

is your budget 400 or...if youre willing to buy new components it sounds like youre okay at spending more?

I would be willing to buy a better computer but in my area the other pc that is for sale is 1200$ and its a i5 4670k and a gtx 1070. I thought that maybe if I got the fx 6300 and play the games I want at medium to high. I could save up to when the new cpus and gpus come out and then buy a wicked good pc 

here are the specs -case cooler master HAF 912 MID tower with high airflow (valeur de 150$) -refroidisseur pour CPU cooler master (75$) -carte mère GA-78LMT-USB3 rev6.0 (valeur de 200) -processeur AMD FX 6300 6 core 3.5GHz (valeur de 150$) -2x8gb corsaire vengeance RAM Ddr3 2400Mhz 240pin (valeur de 260$) -1x8gb hyper x Ddr3 1600Mhz (valeur de 70$) -power supply cooler master 550w (valeur de 100$) -Asus GTX 680 2GB (150$)

Prices are in Canadian right, I'm assuming you're from Québec?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

do not buy that for that price. you can build something decent for that price, maybe a little higher and then upgrade down the line

There any 1st gen or 2nd gen i7 deals? or even i5? i5 deals from sandy to ivy bridge should be pretty cheap if you can find them, and if you find a 1st gen core-i series era motherboard, there are overclockable 4 core/8 thread xeons on ebay and aliexpress for like $30-$40 that will do very well too. 

Also, an HP Z400 system makes for a good base budget system if paired with a 1050ti or 1060. If you can get one with a xeon w3680 or w3690 6-core,, they are even mildly overclockable via software using Intel XTU. 4ghz all-core OC can be done with that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z400-Workstation-Intel-Xeon-W3680-Hex-6-Core-3-33GHz-18GB-RAM-DVDRW/202173546750?hash=item2f127b80fe:g:SOUAAOSwUYNaTkN9

With a PSU adapter i made (simple, just modifying 3 wires), even able to swap this mobo into a regular case. I did that in this  video, swapping from Corsair Carbide 400r to deepcool dukase v2. The description has a link to how this started with alot more info on the adapter and stuff.

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

i would build you one personally and mail it to you (paid for of course) before id recommend buying that

2 minutes ago, Scooby622 said:

i would build you one personally and mail it to you (paid for of course) before id recommend buying that

where are you from?

1 minute ago, brebis123 said:

where are you from?

i saw a comment somewhere that you are from canada. i am from ohio so shipping would be the only issue with that

Local computer should do it cheaply, like 60-70$ CAD with taxes.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

i would recommend buying a used Dell Optiplex microATX system $335

either from Newegg.ca or a local store. or even striaght from dell

https://www.dellrefurbished.ca/desktop-computers/dell-optiplex-9020-104100.html

just need to add a GPU

or a new PSU + GPU (depending on the power requrements of the new gpu)

note: a lot of retailers are selling similar systems with 1yr warrnties

Photography / Finance / Gaming