{Threadripper Advice} Computer Upgrade Time

I currently game on
i7-4790k
16gb memory
1kw corsair PSU
Asus GTX1080 ti
I have a 1440p 144hz monitor that I like to see at 144hz as much as possible. 
-----------------------------------------------------

I am looking into upgrading to a threadripper and need some clarification.
1st, how is the gaming performance in cpu intensive games like rainbow six siege (my i7 runs at 90% on this game)
2nd, Are the issues with games that common?
3rd, Will the cpu bottle neck most games under 144hz?

-----------------------------------------------------
I understand threadripper is overkill. I'm not asking for your opinions, I want solid facts/benchmarks. 
Money isn't an issue, but I can't value buying an i9 or multiple 1080tis. I don't want to just throw away tons of money to have hardware to brag about. 
I am buying this because I would really love to get back into live-streaming and I don't have a wonderful internet connection to do that. Encoding on slower presets are critical for me to maximize the little bandwidth I have.

I will be using this new CPU for gaming, streaming, video editing, unreal engine, blender, server hosting, and a wide array of other things. But I want to prioritize the best streaming performance I can. I do know about the new elgato capture card, but I tried to HD60 and it's really finicky to make work, and requires HDMI sound, which I don't have. I just don't see capture cards being a good solution for me personally. 

What games do you play? Perhaps I could run some benchmarks if I have one of the games you plan on streaming.

19 minutes ago, Icefire555 said:

A capture card just lets you use another computer to do the work for streaming, the card itself doesn't make streaming easier I don't think.

But for OBS anyways it scales directly with cores, so a 1950X should be really solid for streaming

Gaming performance of all the 4c/8t or more ryzen chips is going to be pretty close since games really don't make use of tons of threads aside from the newest ass creed game. So about 100fps average for AAA games, you may also want to optimized CPU affinity, dunno if that'll help.

What budget/country for the system? Whatever the case be sure to get a cooler built for TR4 with a large cold plate.

I'm getting threadripper gen 2 most likely for 4k OBS recording soon as I can. Though I know that no one has really tested 4k recording for the 1950X

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

See the Rainbow Six Siege section of https://www.pcworld.com/article/3214635/components-processors/ryzen-threadripper-review-we-test-amds-monster-cpu.html?page=3

Exactly what do you mean when asking "will the cpu bottleneck most games under ..."? You are set on a Threadripper cpu and GTX 1080 Ti gpu, so why would it matter if cpu or gpu utilization drops under 95%? Will it make you change your mind?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@Streetguru I forgot to mention I have a second computer set up with a newgen I5. But I could never really get the capture card to strive with my weird resolution and framerate. It works really well with consoles, that I almost never touch. 

The budget is to try and keep it under 2k, I already have a lot of the core components. It's just the ram, cpu, and mobo that need an upgrade. (Rip ddr3, and rip My wallet for DDR4)

Do you know any waterblocks for TR4 that are copper (I assume it's the best for heat transfer, I'm not sure about corrosion)? I plan on moving my build to a wall mounted case to display everything.

@brob It's slower single core performance can hurt games quite a bit. I'm worried about how big of an issue that can be.

@Legendarypoet The main game I'm playing right now is siege. And the issue is, on a 4790k there's a "bug" (I'm not sure that it's a bug or not but people call it one, the devs seem to have ignored it) where it runs the cpu at 90%.

and with my CPU at 90% I can't even run a screen capture without crippling my frame rate. 

@Icefire555

Is your i7-4790K overclocked? I've seen some reports that suggest a similar issue may occur on some overclocked Intel systems.

The article I linked has some hard numbers on TR gaming performance. Interestingly, some games do better with game mode on and others have poorer performance in that mode.

17 minutes ago, brob said:

@Icefire555

Is your i7-4790K overclocked? I've seen some reports that suggest a similar issue may occur on some overclocked Intel systems.

The article I linked has some hard numbers on TR gaming performance. Interestingly, some games do better with game mode on and others have poorer performance in that mode.

Yes, to 4.5GHz on all cores. I can return it to it's stock clock and voltage and see if it changes. That seems odd.

1 minute ago, Icefire555 said:

Yes, to 4.5GHz on all cores. I can return it to it's stock clock and voltage and see if it changes. That seems odd.

Worth a try. If the problem goes away it gives the bug hunters valuable data.