WiFi Card for MSI X99A SLI Plus motherboard

Hell I am fairly new to PC builds and I had a question regarding WiFi cards for PCs. I have a PC the MSI X99A SLI PLUS LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. I was wondering if anyone here knows what type of WiFi card I can buy for my PC, (kind of confused by all the different ones there is). I've been running it on LAN (1 Gbit) because that's the only option I had, and it's probably the best thing to do anyway, but I would prefer a WiFi card since having a cable running across the living room to the router is not something my roommates are happy about. 

Thanks in advance. 

-Ana

8 minutes ago, anarts6 said:

Hell I am fairly new to PC builds and I had a question regarding WiFi cards for PCs. I have a PC the MSI X99A SLI PLUS LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. I was wondering if anyone here knows what type of WiFi card I can buy for my PC, (kind of confused by all the different ones there is). I've been running it on LAN (1 Gbit) because that's the only option I had, and it's probably the best thing to do anyway, but I would prefer a WiFi card since having a cable running across the living room to the router is not something my roommates are happy about. 

Thanks in advance. 

-Ana

4 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

You can try powerline. Better transfer/performance than wifi. 

If powerline doesn't work, just figure out what PCI ports are still free. Pick a card that'll fit in that slot. PCIe > PCI