Which HDD do you recommend for me?

GameMate

I want to buy a minimally 5 TB drive around 7200rpm. As i think it, it should be a hdd because i want to use it in my gaming pc. I want to store pretty simple files like films, but in 4K so i need a lot of space. If you recommend western digital, in which color? And my last question: can i put a nas hdd in my pc? I dont want to slow down my pc with this project so the 7200rpm models are the best for me i think. 

Thanks the answers in advance! 

PC: i7 6700K@4GHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW, HyperX Savage 16GB@2400MHz (2×8), ASUS B150-PLUS, BQ! Pure Rock cpu cooler, 4x blue LED fan (3x Sharkoon, 1x Corsair), WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM, Sharkoon DG7000 case

GearSamsung U28E570D 4K@60Hz, LG LED 22M35 1080p@60Hz, HAMA uRage Cyberboard keyboard, HAMA uRage Reaper NX mouse, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Logitech Z623 2.1 @200W RMS, Sades Gaming mousepad, Vertagear SL2000 racing chair (black/white)

Yes Red WDs (marketed for NAS) are fine in PCs. 

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy 2x2TB (depends from country)?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I took a look at it and you are correct. But as i noticed here is a little problem which is there is just one remaning slot in my case. So the red wd is the best or not?

PC: i7 6700K@4GHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW, HyperX Savage 16GB@2400MHz (2×8), ASUS B150-PLUS, BQ! Pure Rock cpu cooler, 4x blue LED fan (3x Sharkoon, 1x Corsair), WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM, Sharkoon DG7000 case

GearSamsung U28E570D 4K@60Hz, LG LED 22M35 1080p@60Hz, HAMA uRage Cyberboard keyboard, HAMA uRage Reaper NX mouse, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Logitech Z623 2.1 @200W RMS, Sades Gaming mousepad, Vertagear SL2000 racing chair (black/white)

For a single storage drive that is going to be used in a desktop environment, you'd actually be better off steering away from drives engineered for NAS. The reason for this is that these drives are intended to be used in multiple quantities, in RAID arrays and their error correction controls can run into problems if not used in this way. NAS drives like the Seagate IronWolf have firmware which limits the amount of time the drive will spend trying to correct errors it runs into, the thinking being that it can then just be passed to another drive in the array. When done in RAID environments, this helps keep the array performance cruising along efficiently. However, when a drive is a lone/non-RAID drive in a desktop environment, this can actually cause errors to add up quickly.

A lot of people are drawn to NAS drives because they tend to have more robust workload ratings and longer warranties. For a single drive in a desktop environment, there are still other options which offer those features but are more aligned with your use-case. The BarraCuda Pro would be something you could look into. The BarraCuda Pro is 7200 RPM in all capacities, rated for 24x7 use, up to 300TB of data per year, and comes with a 5 year limited warranty with 2 free years of data rescue services. 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

get two 2TB drives, and as for only one slot in the pc case... well... does that really matter? :P (this coming from the guy with the worst and sketchiest cable management in the world)

RPM doesn't really matter much any more.

Blues from WD and the barracuda from Seagate are your standard desktop drives.

WD green are not great.

Blacks have a terrible cost efficiency.

Purple. No

Red Nas drives, reliable.

Then you have your Seagate firecuda and ironwolf being a SSHDD and Nas respectively.

Would also be worth looking into the hgst nas drives as well. They have quite a good track record

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I think the Red WD is going to be the choice in one 4TB unit. Thanks a lot!