Ryzen 7 Stability Issues

Go to solution Solved by Dutuna,
On 1/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, Eibe said:

I see. It might be a bad CPU/mobo then. I cannot think of anything else.

Hope you get your system fixed. :) 

You got unlucky, building a PC is hardly as troublesome as it happened to you. :P 

But don’t get discouraged! Plus, I am sure that you will enjoy the benefits of your 8 cores / 16 threads CPU once it’s up and running without issues!

Hey man, believe or not, I figured out what was going wrong. it was the PCI-E cable... since it could not reach to where I have my GPU, I had two of them connected and that was causing all the issues, random restarting glitching fps drop etc. now I have it running on 1 PCIe cable and its in the slowers dim X8 and running pretty smooth getting 120-150 rates on games it used to crash or run 21fps. one more thing I want from you, can you recommend me a good PCIe extender 3.0 X16 idk whatever is the best. I'm looking for a size about 400mm. ones I found were too long like 60cm and 1 meters long I don't wanna have a roll on the table lol. and thanks a lot, I really appreciate your effort 

Hi everyone

My first built and already lots of issues...

I have Ryzen 7 1700X
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WIFI AC)
GTX 1080 TI Poseidon (1 PCIE extender did not reach so I have 2 connected each x16 3.0)

16GB (2x8) DDR4 RAM Corsair Vengeance (compatible with Rryzen checked)

Corsair RM1000X
SAMSUNG SSD 500GB
2 Radiators with 3 120mm fans each, for separate GPU and CPU cooling
2 pump
2 reservoir 

so the problem is that pc runs pretty smooth before I start playing Dota 2. During the game, I'm experiencing low fps like 20-40 and in the end, it freezes the screen. sometimes im able to end task from task manager sometimes I have to restart the computer. if I'm lucky enough and I end task from task manager, I'm running nothing and have so much lag just from watching clean desktop. mouse cursor barely moves. once when I restarted pc, it froze while loading windows so

far I have installed all the drivers possible, for chipset I downloaded the driver from AMD website. GeForce drivers from GeForce experience. I even updated bios to the latest 3008 version. still no change. bu the other thing is that if I play destiny 2 I have no problems, no issues at all. I tried to run AIDA64 stability tests it sometimes crashed sometimes not crashed but both times I had a hard time moving the cursor, eventually, I had to restart the computer.

about to regret choosing Ryzen

any help will be much appreciated!

Did you overclock anything?

Is Asus auto overclock on or off?

Have you tried reinstalling Dota 2?

Are temperatures good?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

3 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Did you overclock anything?

Is Asus auto overclock on or off?

Have you tried reinstalling Dota 2?

Are temperatures good?

no, I have not overclocked anything. everything is stock defaults.
IDK can you tell me where should I look for it?
I haven't tried reinstalling Dota, I don't think that problem is with Dota cause it just froze again when I went to youtube Ihad like 8 tabs opened

temps are pretty cool I think, GPU hit max 55-60 CPU is doing 34 right now no no load just chrome

7 hours ago, Dutuna said:

no, I have not overclocked anything. everything is stock defaults.
IDK can you tell me where should I look for it?
I haven't tried reinstalling Dota, I don't think that problem is with Dota cause it just froze again when I went to youtube Ihad like 8 tabs opened

temps are pretty cool I think, GPU hit max 55-60 CPU is doing 34 right now no no load just chrome

I am not sure where it is as I don’t own any Asus motherboard, first one is coming tomorrow so i will have a look by then. 

In in the meanwhile, I have done a bit of research and some people had issues with power delivery. 

May I ask you how your PC is plugged to the wall? Is it going through a surge protector or something? Is electricity delivery in your house steady or dirty?

Furthermore, have you disabled Xbox DVR on Windows 10? https://youtu.be/sU6DFUgBE4g

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

9 hours ago, Eibe said:

I am not sure where it is as I don’t own any Asus motherboard, first one is coming tomorrow so i will have a look by then. 

In in the meanwhile, I have done a bit of research and some people had issues with power delivery. 

May I ask you how your PC is plugged to the wall? Is it going through a surge protector or something? Is electricity delivery in your house steady or dirty?

Furthermore, have you disabled Xbox DVR on Windows 10? https://youtu.be/sU6DFUgBE4g

its plugged in right in the outlet without any extension or surge protector. electricity delivery seems to be good, never had any issues with cutting light or blinking in general...

I found overclocking presents in bios and I tried gaming one. the problem was still there. then I did clean windows install yesterday night, it did not really solve the problem but at least pc doesn't freeze forever. but the issue still exists. aida64 stability test ran smooth but while testing I still had lag with a mouse cursor.

I appreciate your effort man, ill do more tests when I get home and ill let you know here. I hope we will be able to fix this.

5 hours ago, Dutuna said:

its plugged in right in the outlet without any extension or surge protector. electricity delivery seems to be good, never had any issues with cutting light or blinking in general...

I found overclocking presents in bios and I tried gaming one. the problem was still there. then I did clean windows install yesterday night, it did not really solve the problem but at least pc doesn't freeze forever. but the issue still exists. aida64 stability test ran smooth but while testing I still had lag with a mouse cursor.

I appreciate your effort man, ill do more tests when I get home and ill let you know here. I hope we will be able to fix this.

Mouse cursor lag is quite normal as all resources are being used by Aida64 and the desktop etc. has almost to no resources. 

I will be doing some tests when my Asus X370-I arrives tomorrow so I can be more helpful than this. Sorry for the delay. 

Unraid Server

On 1/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, Eibe said:

Mouse cursor lag is quite normal as all resources are being used by Aida64 and the desktop etc. has almost to no resources. 

I will be doing some tests when my Asus X370-I arrives tomorrow so I can be more helpful than this. Sorry for the delay. 

No problem, thanks a lot and ill be waiting for your reply, i contacted asus and im waiting their engineer to call me and figure out whats wrong, ill let you know if something changes, thanks!

7 hours ago, Dutuna said:

No problem, thanks a lot and ill be waiting for your reply, i contacted asus and im waiting their engineer to call me and figure out whats wrong, ill let you know if something changes, thanks!

I spent all day in the BIOS and couldn’t find anything. I even tested my 1600 with or without OC with Prime95 and it was smooth. 

What clock speeds does your CPU get to while running Aida? And what temps?

Unraid Server

9 hours ago, Eibe said:

I spent all day in the BIOS and couldn’t find anything. I even tested my 1600 with or without OC with Prime95 and it was smooth. 

What clock speeds does your CPU get to while running Aida? And what temps?

image.thumb.png.d7c2dd4bdc143e842619d530236c74ba.png

I just contacted AMD and they said it might be faulty CPU. I'm expecting a replacement. also still waiting for Asus engineer to call me and I might RMA motherboard too.

39 minutes ago, Dutuna said:

image.thumb.png.d7c2dd4bdc143e842619d530236c74ba.png

I just contacted AMD and they said it might be faulty CPU. I'm expecting a replacement. also still waiting for Asus engineer to call me and I might RMA motherboard too.

You got unlucky, building a PC is hardly as troublesome as it happened to you. :P 

But don’t get discouraged! Plus, I am sure that you will enjoy the benefits of your 8 cores / 16 threads CPU once it’s up and running without issues!

Unraid Server

On 1/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, Eibe said:

Hey man, believe or not, I figured out what was going wrong. it was the PCI-E cable... since it could not reach to where I have my GPU, I had two of them connected and that was causing all the issues, random restarting glitching fps drop etc. now I have it running on 1 PCIe cable and its in the slowers dim X8 and running pretty smooth getting 120-150 rates on games it used to crash or run 21fps. one more thing I want from you, can you recommend me a good PCIe extender 3.0 X16 idk whatever is the best. I'm looking for a size about 400mm. ones I found were too long like 60cm and 1 meters long I don't wanna have a roll on the table lol. and thanks a lot, I really appreciate your effort 

8 hours ago, Dutuna said:

Hey! I’m glad you managed to sort it out!

To be honest I am not too knowledgeable about cable extenders. 

However, have you considered CableMod? You can set personalised length and they look sleek and elegant. Might want to look into that maybe. 

They also sell cable extensions, and afaik they are a vey good company. 

Unraid Server