EMI

legodude

Not sure if this is the correct section but I feel like this is a power supply issue

I live with someone who is into armature radio my girlfriends, mine and his (doesn't use when he is using his radios) cause interference with his radio, is there anything I can do to stop this? He has asked me to try Ferrite Rings on any of my power cables.

anyone know a little more about this than I do? or even better any ideas how I can combat this? it seems any computer causes this issue. Mine and my girlfriends are both using quality corsair power supplies but all of are desktops are causing the interference. We've tried running without any monitors switched on, changing extension cables, using an extension reel to draw power from another room, pulling out graphics cards/soundcards even ram and hard disks.... no matter what we try the computer running causes interference.   

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

thanks for the reply! 

just he is broadcasting/receiving. We are all using wired mice/keyboards, the internet is all wired, my computer (being the closest is the one causing the problems, during our fault finding any computer in my spot caused interference (we moved all the computers around just to prove that it wasn't just mine causing the interference and that proximity was the problem which is about 4 meteres through a wall) my girlfriends computer which is at the other side of my office does not cause interference unless it is moved closer. I've ordered a set of those ferrite rings you linked (thanks ^^) and I'll give those a try

Spoiler
Spoiler

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

Are the outlets actually grounded?

You've tried multiple computers?  Would that be multiple computers with similar quality PSUs or truly different PSUs?

A number of power supplies on the market pass EMI and EMC testing for CE and CB and have to pass FCC testing too.   If it's a cheap power supply (or power supplies), it may not have had any radiation testing done.