SLI/Xfire 2x 7950's didn't work...

GTX590

So this is a trick question. I have 2 7950's and running dual cards doesn't work. Both cards work fine, motherboard supports it, bridges work. So what is the issue? +1 for anyone that guesses!

Summer build: I7-4770K @ 4.5GHz, 4x4GB (Alternative black/red) DDR3 1600MHz, HD 7970GHz Water blocked, XSPC res/pump combo, 2 dual 120MM radiators, Corsair 350D Case, Corsair AX860I 80+ Gold PSU, custom red individually sleeved cables, red tubing w/ silver/chrome compression fittings, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD, ASrock Z87 MATX professional board, and a Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard.

Didn't get that far :(

Summer build: I7-4770K @ 4.5GHz, 4x4GB (Alternative black/red) DDR3 1600MHz, HD 7970GHz Water blocked, XSPC res/pump combo, 2 dual 120MM radiators, Corsair 350D Case, Corsair AX860I 80+ Gold PSU, custom red individually sleeved cables, red tubing w/ silver/chrome compression fittings, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD, ASrock Z87 MATX professional board, and a Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard.

Not enough power, or not the same GPU.

Not enough power' date=' or not the same GPU.[/quote']

Enough power but you're onto something!

Heh, im guessing you using a geforce 7950 and a radeon hd 7950.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Not enough power' date=' or not the same GPU.[/quote'] Enough power but you're onto something!

Not enough PCIe connectors?

Can't really say much without more info. Here's a couple of questions:

- What are your full system specs?

- What specific cards are they? Are the memory clocks the same?

- I presume the system is POSTing, booting into Windows and working correctly? What do you mean by it "not working?"

Do they have the same amount of memory? is the sli cable different from crossfire ??? are you using the right link cable ? are you using too many pciX cards and the slots turned off by default?? some boards do this Example : if you go 16X slot one 16X slot to, slot three is turned off on some boards, unless you set it 16x Slot1 8X s2 8X s3. 1x pcix slots are usually unaffected

Some of the early AMD/Nvidia boards had a switch or a chip you had to physically move on the board, make sure your set to your specific graphics supplier.

... Does the PSU support crossfire/SLI? (Wattage is irrelevant)

Heh' date=' im guessing you using a geforce 7950 and a radeon hd 7950.[/quote']

Winner!! NVIdia Geforce 7950 GX2 and a radeon HD 7950 Vapor-x. Apparently more than the model number needs to be the same.

Heh' date=' im guessing you using a geforce 7950 and a radeon hd 7950.[/quote']

Winner!! NVIdia Geforce 7950 GX2 and a radeon HD 7950 Vapor-x. Apparently more than the model number needs to be the same.

Haha I like the trick question, I would have been guessing all day :) You would have a better chance of breeding them to produce offspring lol :D

Heh' date=' im guessing you using a geforce 7950 and a radeon hd 7950.[/quote'] Winner!! NVIdia Geforce 7950 GX2 and a radeon HD 7950 Vapor-x. Apparently more than the model number needs to be the same.

To be honest I didn't really try this, clearly it wouldn't work, but I kept saying to my business partner, we have 3 HD 7950's atm, lets Quadfire them with the 7950 GX2, it's the same card AMIRITE???