leak testing

Go to solution Solved by RicY,

Depends on loop config & setup.

Since I myself use soft tubing, my leak test is pretty much as long as it takes to fill and bleed loop. Once filled and majority of air bled, go around everything, check if no leaks and its good to go.

If you are going hardline with lots of fittings it may have more points of failure because of that, but my guess its the same - fill up, bleed air, check for leaks, leave running for like 1 hour, if no leaks present, there should not be any.

I see no point of leaktesting more than 2 hrs tbh.

My 5 cents.

How long should you leak test a system? i've been running the system for about 3 hours without any problems but im thinking about going for 5 hours, will that be enough?

Watches and computers                    

Since I myself use soft tubing, my leak test is pretty much as long as it takes to fill and bleed loop. Once filled and majority of air bled, go around everything, check if no leaks and its good to go.

If you are going hardline with lots of fittings it may have more points of failure because of that, but my guess its the same - fill up, bleed air, check for leaks, leave running for like 1 hour, if no leaks present, there should not be any.

My 5 cents.

People quoting posts with all the pictures should get banned from internet!

R5 1600 3.9GHz | ASUS STRIX B350-F | Corsair LPX  32GB RAM | KFA2 GTX 1080Ti W/C | Corsair Force 480GB NVMe  | Seagate 1TB 2.5" | beQuiet Pure Power 10 700W | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Phanteks Glacier RGB W/C | LG 29UM68 | Steelseries Apex M750 | Steelseries Rival 310 | Steelseries QcK Limited | Steelseries Arctis 5 | Creative X-Fi 5.1 PRO |  W10 64-bit |

26 minutes ago, RicY said:

My 5 cents.

its soft tubing and last time i did this i checked for 24h but now i dont see the point in doing 24 instead of 5.. i mean. a leak would happen pretty early right?

Watches and computers                    

4 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

its soft tubing and last time i did this i checked for 24h but now i dont see the point in doing 24 instead of 5.. i mean. a leak would happen pretty early right?

Thats my point. From my experience (like 5 soft tubing builds) i have had 0 leaks. Even when i did the first ever (I guess 8 years back?) Usually when I fill and bleed my loop, Im giving it a good shake to get air out of rads and blocks and if any leaks should happen, it would be then.

R5 1600 3.9GHz | ASUS STRIX B350-F | Corsair LPX  32GB RAM | KFA2 GTX 1080Ti W/C | Corsair Force 480GB NVMe  | Seagate 1TB 2.5" | beQuiet Pure Power 10 700W | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Phanteks Glacier RGB W/C | LG 29UM68 | Steelseries Apex M750 | Steelseries Rival 310 | Steelseries QcK Limited | Steelseries Arctis 5 | Creative X-Fi 5.1 PRO |  W10 64-bit |

1 minute ago, RicY said:

Thats my point. From my experience (like 5 soft tubing builds) i have had 0 leaks. Even when i did the first ever (I guess 8 years back?) Usually when I fill and bleed my loop, Im giving it a good shake to get air out of rads and blocks and if any leaks should happen, it would be then.

okay ill stop testing my build now then.. its been going for a while and i want to use the pc xD

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

okay ill stop testing my build now then.. its been going for a while and i want to use the pc xD

Just do a quick once over for leaks and you should be golden :)