Internet problems

Soulsreaper

Alright I'm totally stumpted so I am turning to all of you. 

My computer will randomly, not all the time but randomly not be connected to the internet. my browsers say there isn't any connected and games wont connect ether. but if I go to the bottom right corner of my screen where the network thing is, it will say that I'm connected to the internet the only way for me to fix this is by restarting the computer. by the way I am connected to the internet by a Ethernet cord. what can I do to fix this without having to restart the computer. 

1 minute ago, Soulsreaper said:

My computer will randomly, not all the time but randomly not be connected to the internet. my browsers say there isn't any connected and games wont connect ether. but if I go to the bottom right corner of my screen where the network thing is, it will say that I'm connected to the internet the only way for me to fix this is by restarting the computer. by the way I am connected to the internet by a Ethernet cord. what can I do to fix this without having to restart the computer. 

This may also be your ISP I have the same problem... it randomly cuts out even with Ethernet... 

5 minutes ago, Soulsreaper said:

1. Have you checked the cable for any breaks or that the connectors at the PC and the Modem/router are properly connected?...if not do so and try again
  2. Do yo have any specific IP settings like a static IP or preferred DNS server in Windows?...if so set everything to auto and try again
  3. Have you tried to do a reboot of your modem/router?
  4. Have you tried any cmd codes to reset your IP?...sometimes this can cause and fix and issue
  5. Have you tried the Windows troubleshoot options? 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

run cmd as administrator, type ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew. if that doesnt work, try disabling the ethernet in network settings and re-enabling it again. 

• 4 weeks later...

alright guys I just tried the resting of my ip with using of cmd

and this reply is to jack. but when the internet on my computer doesn't work all of the other devices still have working internet and the problem is fixed the moment I restart the computer. but I shall see if this happens again because I just tried with the new ip