Very Low FPS in Some Games With a 1080 Ti

Senor Sasquatch

I've had my 1080 Ti for a while now, and I have had no problems with it. It runs my games at max setting with no problems, except one. I launched Minecraft for the first time in a few months and immediately noticed how low the frames were, although when I played it before with my 980 Ti, I got a consistent 250 FPS. I don't understand what is happening. I run a Zotac 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme, an Intel i7-6700K, 16gb of DDR4 2400, an Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard, and a 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor. I'm averaging around 35 frames per second, sometimes fluctuating to 500 for a split second. Can anyone help? I don't need to allocate more ram.

Are you running shaders or anything? Minecraft is notorious for crippling even high-end builds with shaders.

Also, try turning your render distance down.

1 minute ago, JustAnEpicLime said:

Are you running shaders or anything? Minecraft is notorious for crippling even high-end builds with shaders.

Also, try turning your render distance down.

No shaders, and turning down render distance doesn't seem to help. With a 1080 Ti, I don't think it's the fact that Minecraft is too demanding on my GPU, I think it has something to do with software or bottlenecking, but I just don't know where.

Try allocating more RAM to the game. You can do this by:

- Opening the Minecraft Launcher

- Clicking on 'Launch Options'

- Toggling 'Advanced Settings'

- Clicking on the profile you want to use

- Toggling 'JVM Arguments'

- Replacing -Xmx2G with -Xmx4G. This changes the maximum amount of RAM Minecraft can use to 4GB, which should be enough.

I am using a MBP 17 inch Early 2011 (Intel Core i7 2.2Ghz, Radeon 6750M) and I get >100FPS, So hardware isn't a problem.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 3:58 AM, Senor Sasquatch said:

I've had my 1080 Ti for a while now, and I have had no problems with it. It runs my games at max setting with no problems, except one. I launched Minecraft for the first time in a few months and immediately noticed how low the frames were, although when I played it before with my 980 Ti, I got a consistent 250 FPS. I don't understand what is happening. I run a Zotac 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme, an Intel i7-6700K, 16gb of DDR4 2400, an Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard, and a 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor. I'm averaging around 35 frames per second, sometimes fluctuating to 500 for a split second. Can anyone help? I don't need to allocate more ram.

I am having the same ish problem, I average about 200-300 fps but it drops around under 100 alot and my GPU usage is just sitting around 15% - 30%