Strange behavior of pc

Hi!

I have just built my first pc ever and it has some weird issues. Sometimes when I turn it on (switch from back of the psu) or just after restart it tries to boot up(flashes yellow, then red, then yellow on the led next to ram) and does boot loop 1 or 2 times and then starts perfectly normally, all is working, ram detected and so on. Sometimes it just starts normally flashes yellow, then red, then WHITE and then boots normally. White is POST? I have D.O.C.P profile enabled for 2666mhz which is my ram speed and I have 3.6Ghz overclock with 1.234v(perfectly stable on gaming and stress tests). What could be the problem, is the led flashing thing normal, because there is a red flash aswell. Asus b350-f user guide has no info about led flashing, it just has boot beep meanings, but pc never beeps. Manual old aswell :))?

Specs:

mobo: asus b350-f gaming strix

cpu : amd ryzen 5 1600

gpu: asus strix 1060 6gb

ram: kingston hyperx fury ddr4 2666mhz 8 gb x 2

cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212 turbo

psu: 650W from good brand

case: phanteks eclipse p400s tempered glass

So it always boots, it just takes a few loops to get there?  In BIOS, Save your configuration then set everything back to defaults and see if it boots normally.  Then do just xmp and see, then do just CPU OC and see.  You'll know where the problem lies after that.

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

So it always boots, it just takes a few loops to get there?  In BIOS, Save your configuration then set everything back to defaults and see if it boots normally.  Then do just xmp and see, then do just CPU OC and see.  You'll know where the problem lies after that.

Thanks for your answer! 

I think the problem is with ram and ryzen, many people have that. I used the normal settings in the beginning, worked good. Its hard because the problem occurs sometimes,  not always. I try to change ram speed to 2400mhz if not working the I set all to defaults and try and it always boots no matter if loopt or not

1 minute ago, Noobie22 said:

Thanks for your answer! 

I think the problem is with ram and ryzen, many people have that. I used the normal settings in the beginning, worked good. Its hard because the problem occurs sometimes,  not always. I try to change ram speed to 2400mhz if not working the I set all to defaults and try

My Ryzen system did a few loops when I first applied the XMP profile, but after that it has booted normally and has since then.  The CPU speed is still stock. 

I would follow my instructions above to eliminate variables and find out what the root of the problem is.

Good luck!