Ryzen 3 1200 Overclock Problems

I just tried overclocking my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU to 3.7ghz at a voltage of 1.25. I ran Aida and it was saying my CPU was running at 1500mhz or 1.5ghz with an average of 36 degrees Celcius. I tried lowering the clock speeds back to the normal 3.1ghz but it kept saying 1.5ghz. I just shut down my PC so I can let it cool off. Someone help me please. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Valked_ said:

I just tried overclocking my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU to 3.7ghz at a voltage of 1.25. I ran Aida and it was saying my CPU was running at 1500mhz or 1.5ghz with an average of 36 degrees Celcius. I tried lowering the clock speeds back to the normal 3.1ghz but it kept saying 1.5ghz. I just shut down my PC so I can let it cool off. Someone help me please. Thanks.

Turn off Cool N Quiet, You can also go up to 1.35V if needed

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Turn off Cool N Quiet

Thank you. I'm going to try now. I'll let you know if it works.

It didn't work. I just restart my PC to see if that helps.

Just now, Valked_ said:

It didn't work. I just restart my PC to see if that helps.

Quote them

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Turn off Cool N Quiet, You can also go up to 1.35V if needed

It didn't work. I restarted my PC and still nothing.

11 minutes ago, Valked_ said:

It didn't work. I restarted my PC and still nothing.

Then possibly update to the latest BIOS, or start with a lower frequency

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then possibly update to the latest BIOS, or start with a lower frequency

I just reset the bios and I'm going to shut down my PC for a few hours. Thanks for the help.