What are you looking for in a game?

I am looking into making a new game and I am looking for some information on what people are looking for in a game, so I have done the obvious thing... made a poll.

Aside from answering the poll please post what you are looking for in a game/ what you would want to play. Also if you have any ideas, suggestions, etc. you can post those to!

When I have collected sufficient data I will release the poll data from all my posts around the web so other developers can see what people are looking for in a game!

Simple:

I want (J)RPGs. I want story. Story is 80% of a game for me. I will fight through bad gameplay for it if it's good enough. I want something that will make me feel alive. And human. 

That's a lot to ask for obviously. So as a secondary, I like unique mechanics. Something that makes me really have to think. You want some kind of mix between something slow paced and deep and something fast paced and shallow. If possible.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

RPGs, more specifically JRPGs, is the type of game I have the most fun playing. Given that, story is important to me...probably a little more than gameplay (which is what I voted for in the poll). If the story is not good and not immersive, then I feel that I have wasted my time playing that type of a game...even if the gameplay is good.