Display Driver Problem?

xHaggis | Csoffer.me

So i installed that new windows 10 Update for the features (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709) and for some reason now when i start up my computer everything is fine for a few seconds and then it all goes darker like all the blacks and colors get blacker.

This issue is fixed by me uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver although whenever i restart or shut down then start up my computer again it just happens over and over, i was wondering if anyone has the same problem or a fix for this its really confusing me. Any help would be much apprenticed.

Thanks in advance.

I would try using DDU and uninstall the graphics card driver and do re-install. restart and test it again. 

1 minute ago, Sergio45 said:

I would try using DDU and uninstall the graphics card driver and do re-install. restart and test it again. 

This then stops me from opening up games and screws the resolution of the computer.

2 minutes ago, xHaggis | Csoffer.me said:

This then stops me from opening up games and screws the resolution of the computer.

After the uninstall of the drivers and re-install? Or you have tried this already and ran into the issue of not being able to open games after doing so? 

1 minute ago, Sergio45 said:

After the uninstall of the drivers and re-install? Or you have tried this already and ran into the issue of not being able to open games after doing so? 

That is how i fix the issue is by uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers although not restarting after i do so, but whenever i restart it causes the same issue.

I am guessing you tried doing the same for your monitors? I ran into an issue where my monitors were in some weird color scheme after updating my driver. I had to uninstall drivers for both GPU and monitors. I think the reinstall of the monitor drivers did the trick for me. I would try unplugging the display cables and plugging them back in and see if that does anything. 

Tried this just now and still the same result. To me it seems like a feature f Windows 10 because it doesn't start instantly, it waits a second and then its like it loads up then goes dark.

41 minutes ago, xHaggis | Csoffer.me said:

Tried this just now and still the same result. To me it seems like a feature f Windows 10 because it doesn't start instantly, it waits a second and then its like it loads up then goes dark.

I know this is not the actual 1709 update. Give this a shot. 

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1003026/geforce-drivers/psa-windows-1703-creators-update-breaks-colour-profiles-with-nvidia-gpus-icc-and-nvidia-/

It worked for me to disable the following option:
Home -> Gaming -> Game Bar -> "Show Game Bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified"

2 minutes ago, Sergio45 said:

Try the following. Seems that the fall update is the caused. 

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1003026/geforce-drivers/psa-windows-1703-creators-update-breaks-colour-profiles-with-nvidia-gpus-icc-and-nvidia-/

It worked for me to disable the following option:
Home -> Gaming -> Game Bar -> "Show Game Bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified"

Where is that option? Like where do i Find the "Home" setting?

6 minutes ago, xHaggis | Csoffer.me said:

Found it Seems like it has worked for now. Have my fingers crossed to make sure it fully does

Crossing my fingers and toes :) 

On 12/29/2017 at 4:21 PM, Sergio45 said:

Crossing my fingers and toes :) 

Sadly last night i turned off my computer and when i started it up in the morning again it was the same issue. I really have no idea what this could be.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:54 AM, xHaggis | Csoffer.me said:

Sadly last night i turned off my computer and when i started it up in the morning again it was the same issue. I really have no idea what this could be.

Sorry I was in Vaca mode for the holidays. Sorry to hear that the issue is back. I did look into it a little more and found the following on Microsoft answers. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-colors-change-after-installing-fall/8a235d25-5aaa-4122-8180-4b12efc8a9eb?auth=1

Sounds like rolling back the update and looking for the update again should fix the issue.