Safe Packaging material

DrBonesMcCoy

Tomorrow I will be packing my CPU/MOBO/RAM to be sold. I have an A3 sized bag and some bubblewrap. It is ok to wrap it in bubble wrap isn't it?

The Darkened Phantom(With some light shining through)

CPU: I7-8700K @4.9Ghz 1.313 V Core

COOLER: Corsair H115i

GPU: 1070 Founders Edition @Stock settings

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Enthoo Pro M Special Edition

STORAGE: 1X 128GB SSD, 1X120GB SSD, 1 X 500GB NVME PCIE SSD and 1X 2TB HDD

19 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

Tomorrow I will be packing my CPU/MOBO/RAM to be sold. I have an A3 sized bag and some bubblewrap. It is ok to wrap it in bubble wrap isn't it?

I would advise using the original antistatic bag and packaging of the original items when they were initially bought but if you don't have them in your current possession I would say bubble wrap would be ok for the most part.

50 minutes ago, RoyCSGO said:

I would advise using the original antistatic bag and packaging of the original items when they were initially bought but if you don't have them in your current possession I would say bubble wrap would be ok for the most part.

Yeah I don't have original boxes etc as they are from a prebuilt I have kept upgrading so bubble wrap is fine i hope

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

11 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

Yeah I don't have original boxes etc as they are from a prebuilt I have kept upgrading so bubble wrap is fine i hope

I would get some cardboard around it if you are going to ship it. Cardboard is 10x better as it provides some hard shell against any minor knocks. With just bubblewrap and soft bag, first knock will burst bunch of bubbles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would get some cardboard around it if you are going to ship it. Cardboard is 10x better as it provides some hard shell against any minor knocks. With just bubblewrap and soft bag, first knock will burst bunch of bubbles.

I mean I have an old shoe box and I am wrapping it in a bag and surrounding it in Bubble Wrap. Could I just use the show box lol

10 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

I mean I have an old shoe box and I am wrapping it in a bag and surrounding it in Bubble Wrap. Could I just use the show box lol

That sounds better. If the box is sturdy enough and big enough that you can add some bubblewrap inside too, then it might survice like that. I've shipped and received mobos with just original box, nothing more. Mobo and other stuff in original or borrowed anti-static bag. Then again, our national mail service is rather gentle with most of boxes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

That sounds better. If the box is sturdy enough and big enough that you can add some bubblewrap inside too, then it might survice like that. I've shipped and received mobos with just original box, nothing more. Mobo and other stuff in original or borrowed anti-static bag. Then again, our national mail service is rather gentle with most of boxes.

Well when I post it the Royal mail insure it so even if it does get damaged the buyer can still claim money back on it