Computer not turning ON

Ginka
Go to solution Solved by Xenift,

First solution to the issue, plug hdmi/dvi connector to the back of the graphics card instead of the motherboard. (If that is the cause of the system not utilizing the cpu)

Push the card firmly back in, you might be surprised the amount of force you might need to use for a well used pc due to dust buildup, then try powering on again with the display connector connected to the gpu, not the one on the motherboard.

Hey guys,

So here is the pb :

My lil sis's computer GPU was not used during game time even though the computer did recognize it. She was playing with the on board graphics.

So I tried to access the BIOS but for some reason, the computer would not allow me.

I then proceeded to turn OFF the computer, took off the GPU and turn ON the computer so I could kinda reset the problem by putting the GPU inside again.

But here is my new pb. After I put the GPU back in, the computer won't turn ON.

So fuck me.

And the worse thing is that now, even if I take out the GPU from the MOBO and turn it ON, it doesn't work.

Help guys :)

Reinstall Windows? I can't really tell what the problem is from your explanation.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

First solution to the issue, plug hdmi/dvi connector to the back of the graphics card instead of the motherboard. (If that is the cause of the system not utilizing the cpu)

Push the card firmly back in, you might be surprised the amount of force you might need to use for a well used pc due to dust buildup, then try powering on again with the display connector connected to the gpu, not the one on the motherboard.

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Reinstall Windows? I can't really tell what the problem is from your explanation.

My computer won't turn on.

7 minutes ago, Ginka said:

System Specs?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

8 minutes ago, Ginka said:

But what does turn on mean? Boot to BIOS? Boot into Windows? Post? Fans spin?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

But what does turn on mean? Boot to BIOS? Boot into Windows? Post? Fans spin?

I press the power button, and absolutely nothing happen.

No fan spinning, no lights, nothing.

1 minute ago, Ginka said:

Make sure the wires for the power button are connected properly. It should be a small 2pin connector on non-proprietary systems. You should also make sure that the switch for the power supply is on.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

5 minutes ago, Ginka said:

Make sure everything is connected properly. Maybe you killed something.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Ok so I unplugged and replugged everything and now everything is working fine.

Thx guys !