Help me for the Love of god

silasjdemone

Okay, so im bad at this alright? i have looked everywhere for an answer. ive tried so many things its crazy. i think now i know the problem but need to make sure.

so i recently bought a new graphics card and power supply. i installed them and of course it powers on but no display comes up, so i turn it off, and i decide to try disabling the igpu with my igpu. somewhere down the line my computer just shuts off. i ended up trying to turn it back on but this time, none of the graphics cards i try work, not an r7 250, not my 1050ti, not my igpu. i dont see any lights on the mobo and no beep codes. everything turns on, all fans spin everything like that, my gpu fans turn on and everything else does, but i get no image whether its with an igpu or my old r7 250.

- I get no post, no keyboard lights, no mouse lights. nothing.

my thought is it is the mobo thats failed. and powers everything but something is wrong with graphics and stuff. 

pls help me

Try doing a simple CMOS reset, that often fixes these kinds of issues and is usually the go-to first troubleshooting step.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

3 minutes ago, silasjdemone said:

how do i do so? 

Depending on your motherboard you have several options. Pull the battery out for a few minutes; use the CLR_CMOS jumper or if your board has a CLR CMOS button you can press it. Check your manual.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

did the jumper method and now it wont turn on, dont know if thats a coincidence or what but this is sweet

Likely a dead mobo. ESD maybe? If you dont post, no error codes, and you didnt touch the cpu during the swap... all signs point to the mobo

I had a guy come into my work with the same issue today. He swapped his PC into a new case and no post. Gotta wear the nerd bracelet as I call it lol. I ruined a 8gb dimm stick for the first time about a year ago and it was likely due to ESD

turned it on again, still a black screen on the monitor, neither graphic cards work. no lights coming on my keyboard or mouse. looks like its pretty dicked

Quick question, could it possibly be my cpu? i havent taken it out or moved it or anything but could it somehow be that? the pins look fine and it runs very cool.