Reinstalling windows without usb or dvd

Matt115
Go to solution Solved by Matt115,

System ended up being too unstable to reinstall windows with reset tool. Going to buy a usb with  windows iso

Is it possible to reinstall windows without usb or dvd. Also it can only be done in safe mode. Thanks

I know windows 10 has the ability to basically reinstall itself in settings. Not sure about the lesser versions..

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

In Windows 8, 8,1, and 10, you can reset Windows by going to: Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get Started > Remove Everything.

7 minutes ago, FrozenPickles said:

In Windows 8, 8,1, and 10, you can reset Windows by going to: Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get Started > Remove Everything.

Can it be done in safe mode? Ive tried and the program is not working (i can only boot safe mode)

Just now, Matt115 said:

Can it be done in safe mode? Ive tried and the program is not working

I'm unsure. If your settings app isn't working, it would be a good idea to just go and grab a USB from Best Buy or Amazon, and put Windows on it via ISO.

System ended up being too unstable to reinstall windows with reset tool. Going to buy a usb with  windows iso

You don't need to buy a USB with a Windows ISO on it. You can use a normal USB thumb drive and just use the media creation tool from Microsoft.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

You don't need to buy a USB with a Windows ISO on it. You can use a normal USB thumb drive and just use the media creation tool from Microsoft.

Yea sorry thats what i meant, just had to buy a new usb drive we didnt have an extras