Wall mounted PC

Abdielord93

I'm about to start a project to put my computer on the wall in a plywood case made by me.

What advice can you give me, what experiences do you have, what suggestions can you give me?
to carry out this project.
Thanks in advance.

I would recommend doing a custom loop and doing away with the case for max aesthetics(assuming you can afford it).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Whatever you use to attach it to the wall, make sure it is able to hold your PC. I (for example) use a TV mount which is capable to old up to 100Kg even considered the fact that the weight of my PC is about 20Kg. Remember: You are going to hang a lot of money on the wall. Do not try to safe a few bucks on your mounting or it may cost you many more...

I do not use a self made case (I'm not able to made my own :/ ), I use a Thermaltake Core P5, so I'm not able to give you advice how to build one (at least no experience based advice).

I also would suggest to go with a custom loop - do not use air cooling if you have no airflow. Trust me, it will raise your temps - not only a few degrees...

13 minutes ago, Rayxcer said:

Whatever you use to attach it to the wall, make sure it is able to hold your PC. I (for example) use a TV mount which is capable to old up to 100Kg even considered the fact that the weight of my PC is about 20Kg. Remember: You are going to hang a lot of money on the wall. Do not try to safe a few bucks on your mounting or it may cost you many more...

I do not use a self made case (I'm not able to made my own :/ ), I use a Thermaltake Core P5, so I'm not able to give you advice how to build one (at least no experience based advice).

I also would suggest to go with a custom loop - do not use air cooling if you have no airflow. Trust me, it will raise your temps - not only a few degrees...

the other option is to use a core p3, im thinking about it too
Thanks for your opinion

You're welcome. :D

Just a few more additions:
1. If you buy a Core P3, make sure you have enough space in there (it's smaller than the P5).

2. Do not think you can use the included riser cable - it cames with a (nearly) 180 degrees bend. And it is not working, at least mine did not. (I'm honestly not sure if that is a result or not). I've seen some people claiming that they got a working one, I (sadly) did not. And I'm not the only one (search Google, there are not only a few). I bought another one (EasyDIY X16 25cm for 30 bucks @ Amazon). It works perfect (as far as I can tell).

3. Make sure that you do not want more than 3 2,5"/3,5" HDDs or SSDs (more won't fit out of sight).

4. Make sure you don't want a DVD or Blu Ray disk drive; It has no 5,25" slot.