PC doesnt boot.

thepsycho24

Specs:
Msi z370 Tomahawk.
i5 8600k
Corsair VS 550
8gb ram ddr4 ballistix sport
Asus dual Gtx 1070 

Built PC. At first, it powered on, but ut did not display any image, but all the fans were spinning. The CPU Debug light on the MB lighted up. We powered it on about 3 times, then it suddenly shut down, and we coudln't manage to power it Up since then.
Things we tried since than.
-) removed the GPU
-) unplug all cables except CPU power and Mainboard power.
-) removed Mainboard from case, tried to boot it on cardboard, no luck.
-) tried ram on different slots.

Sry 4 bad Englisch, london is not my city

Maybe it's a bad CPU?

hence the fucking cpu light

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

if you build a pc always try to boot with less attached stuff as posible so you know more quick were things go wrong.
Videocards wint need often, you can use internal video this ensure the most stable setup to see if ram/harddisk /cpu/ psu
is working as it should.
It sucks to unbuild a complete case if something fails, just to try finding the fail.

Try reseating the CPU, also make sure when putting it back together that the CPU cooler has a good connection to the CPU (watch the thermal paste application and such)

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Maybe it's a bad CPU?

If you're going to be rude to someone, how about not responding at all?

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

23 minutes ago, WubGuy said:

If you're going to be rude to someone, how about not responding at all?

I didn't mean to be rude, it was a "no duh" statement.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, Highflow said:

if you build a pc always try to boot with less attached stuff as posible so you know more quick were things go wrong.
Videocards wint need often, you can use internal video this ensure the most stable setup to see if ram/harddisk /cpu/ psu
is working as it should.
It sucks to unbuild a complete case if something fails, just to try finding the fail.

Unplugged everything except CPU power, Mainboard power and power button, doesn't do anthing if button is pressed

10 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Maybe it's a bad CPU?

Maybe, but we don't even get to the point where the cpu light lights up anymore.

9 hours ago, WubGuy said:

Try reseating the CPU, also make sure when putting it back together that the CPU cooler has a good connection to the CPU (watch the thermal paste application and such)

Wpuld the cooler even affect if the MB Powers up?

54 minutes ago, thepsycho24 said:

Maybe, but we don't even get to the point where the cpu light lights up anymore.

Bad motherboard?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Bad motherboard?

I don't know, if i remove the cpu and the cpu fan, can i "power up" the Mainboard itself?

33 minutes ago, thepsycho24 said:

I don't know, if i remove the cpu and the cpu fan, can i "power up" the Mainboard itself?

Maybe? Try.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

13 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Maybe? Try.

I mean generally, do mainboards support that?

29 minutes ago, thepsycho24 said:

I mean generally, do mainboards support that?

I'm not sure. Just try.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

So big update. Mainboard without cpu powers on and Blinks red. Reassembled with CPU, doesn't power on. Sooo... My cpu is defective... Right?

10 minutes ago, thepsycho24 said:

So big update. Mainboard without cpu powers on and Blinks red. Reassembled with CPU, doesn't power on. Sooo... My cpu is defective... Right?

Is the CPU heat sink fan plugged in?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

50 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Is the CPU heat sink fan plugged in?

No, it wasnt at the last try, but all before. Should that affect if the pc starts "at all"? Right now, it is doing literlary nothing when cpu is inserted and power is pressed.

On 25.12.2017 at 1:40 AM, thepsycho24 said:

No, it wasnt at the last try, but all before. Should that affect if the pc starts "at all"? Right now, it is doing literlary nothing when cpu is inserted and power is pressed.

In theory it should in order to keep the CPU from overheating, which is why it is likely not meant to turn on without a fan plugged into the CPU's header...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

8 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

In theory it should in order to keep the CPU from overheating, which is why it is likely not meant to turn on without a fan plugged into the CPU's header...

Tried with and without fan, does noting