Need help with my memory config R7 1700 OC

Hello everyone, 

I have just build myself a new computer with an AMD Ryzen R7 1700 overclocked to 4GHz on an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero with 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz. The case is the Fractal Design Meshify C, the PSU is the bequiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W and the Storage is a SAMSUNG SSD 960 Pro NVMe 1TB. I cool the system with the Corsair H110i and my GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti reference. I use Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. Here is a picture of my rig.

r717000.png.1ae34c9faa770349b8d767d26a5ecfda.png

So after overclocking my R7 1700 to 4GHz on 1.325V vCore (8h Prime95, 8h AIDA64) stable I started playing with the D.O.C.P options on my Motherboard. Since I don't know much about memory overclocking I activated the D.O.C.P standard profile and set the RAM to 2933MHz instead of 3200MHz.

When I set the RAM to 3200MHz the computer won't even post, no matter what.

I appreciate your help and opinions =)

[never touch a running system]

6 minutes ago, Tytan64 said:

When I set the RAM to 3200MHz the computer won't even post, no matter what.

I appreciate your help and opinions =)

Nice rig.

But the ram not going to 3200 is a limitation of the memory controller on Ryzen. I have to use 3466MHz RAM to get 3200, and it too will not post at 3466.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

image-2.thumb.jpg.fe5471a88c528ef9a08b4b1ebef54c19.jpg

I use the RGB features to make it fitting to the GPU.

So what I've seen is normal for a Ryzen system? What if I manually tune the timings? As far as I understand I can go up with the timings a little when I can have the RAM operate at a higher frequency because of the Infinity Fabric ^^

[never touch a running system]

I'd suggest that you look at reviews on sites like Amazon/Newegg, done by people with the same RAM and similar builds and see what they have done. In most cases I've come across, some have gotten higher speeds through fine tuning the memory timings and or/changing SOC settings.