SSD Help

Aowek955

I just install my brand new ssd 

So i was thinking i wanna put the new windows in ssd but i dont wanna lose the files in my hdd i dont like to format the whole drive coz i have some important files overthere so my question is 

Can i install new win on the ssd and just manually delete the old one on the hard without losing any of the files,and do i have to reinstall all the steam battle net apps and then relocated all the games 

You can install Windows fresh onto the SSD without any interference - just make sure the hard drive is unplugged somehow during this process. Windows can sometimes perform some weirdness during this process, even if you specifically state for Windows to be on the SSD. 

For your games, Steam and Battle.net should be able to detect your games fine when adding the folders.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You can install Windows fresh onto the SSD without any interference - just make sure the hard drive is unplugged somehow during this process. Windows can sometimes perform some weirdness during this process, even if you specifically state for Windows to be on the SSD. 

For your games, Steam and Battle.net should be able to detect your games fine when adding the folders.

Do i need to install any aditional drivers ? when i put new win i did it kinda long agoo :(

Just now, Aowek955 said:

Do i need to install any aditional drivers ? when i put new win i did it kinda long agoo :(

You shouldn't have to do any additional work. Though you may want to verify it if you have anything other than a standard SATA SSD.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

You shouldn't have to do any additional work. Though you may want to verify it if you have anything other than a standard SATA SSD.

Also i can then manually delete the old windows ? from the hdd  

Just now, Aowek955 said:

Also i can then manually delete the old windows ? from the hdd  

You should be able to as long as Windows doesn't do any weird nonsense(seriously unplug it when installing Windows fresh onto the SSD).

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You should be able to as long as Windows doesn't do any weird nonsense(seriously unplug it when installing Windows fresh onto the SSD).

Can i just unplug from the mobo coz i got the corsair rx460 the cable managment is hell i just re do it the whole thing  

Just now, Aowek955 said:

Can i just unplug from the mobo coz i got the corsair rx460 the cable managment is hell i just re do it the whole thing  

Yeah, that's not an issue. 

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Yeah, that's not an issue. 

Also i would need to reinsall apps like torrent battlenet and steam gog origin on the ssd right ? 

5 minutes ago, Aowek955 said:

Also i would need to reinsall apps like torrent battlenet and steam gog origin on the ssd right ? 

Yeah, most likely. 

44 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Yeah, most likely. 

It wont let me install win on ssd coz it gdt partion i tried changing it to msb disk still says cant install what shouild i do ? 

11 hours ago, Aowek955 said:

It wont let me install win on ssd coz it gdt partion i tried changing it to msb disk still says cant install what shouild i do ? 

Remove the partition and re-create it within the Windows installer.