PC wont start anymore

Flowroro

So, just built a random junkyard rig, turned on once, turned it off, came back l ater, not it wont turn on anymore, whut? any ideas?

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

It fails to boot windows or fails to power on? cycling with turning on and off?

no i dont, if i plug a mouse into the mobo, and the led turns on, does that mean my mobo is not dead but my cpu is dead?

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

ive tried replugging everything, reseating cpu, reapplying thermal paste, re-everything'd. Nothings powering on, press the power button, nothing happens, i tried the screwdriver method also, did not work.

1 hour ago, Flowroro said:

ive tried replugging everything, reseating cpu, reapplying thermal paste, re-everything'd. Nothings powering on, press the power button, nothing happens, i tried the screwdriver method also, did not work.

Hey man, tough one. I'd take out and re-install the bios battery on motherboard. If this is junkyard build you probably would like to replace this with new one.

If the LED turns on that means the motherboard receives power, PSU should work.

Please describe to us exactly what happens when you click power button. Do you have monitor plugged in? To which port? Does it turn on as if it received any video signal? Do you have keyboard and mouse plugged in? To which ports? What do you mean by "nothing happens" when you try to turn it on? We need a description of every detail, every sound, every observation, every even smallest led/light shine anywhere.

Nothing happens when I press the power button, literally nothing. Mobo leds dont turn on unless the pc is on don’t know why. They turned on the first time the pc powered on. It’s a gigabyte h55 d2h Mobo. Nothing is plugged in except cpu cpu cooler ram psu 

3 hours ago, Flowroro said:

Nothing happens when I press the power button, literally nothing. Mobo leds dont turn on unless the pc is on don’t know why. They turned on the first time the pc powered on. It’s a gigabyte h55 d2h Mobo. Nothing is plugged in except cpu cpu cooler ram psu 

Power button died, you said you tried screwdriver method, but don't know try it again, but I hope you know jumping wrong pins together might kill motherboard

tried it over and over, no signs of life. so i tried to jump the two pins above the pins where all ur led's power switch pins go etc, that resets something im not sure what, but i jump it, powers on for a 0.5s then off.