Does reseting windows 10 remove files from other drives/partitions?

rada9

I want a clean install of windows 10, from what I've seen i can go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC, but does it remove files from all drives/partitions? If so, how can I reset windows on only one partition?

I have windows installed on a separate partition on my ssd, and I have a separate hard drive that I don't want to reset.

It only affects the drive/partition that Windows 10 is installed on. I believe it even asks you if you want to delete files on other drives/partitions.

37 minutes ago, wes1099 said:

It only affects the drive/partition that Windows 10 is installed on. I believe it even asks you if you want to delete files on other drives/partitions.

So, I tried the "keep my files" option, and when it shows me what programs will be uninstalled, even games/programs from other drives are there. Initially I thought the games that were there were the ones i have on the same SSD, on another partition, but that's not the case. I thought maybe i could create a bootable flash drive and reinstall windows form there, like how you could do with windows 7, because I remember that i could select the partition I wanted to install windows on (I don't know if I can do that on a w10 bootable drive), I don't know if it would work, but even if it would, the windows key I have is a windows 7 one, form before I upgraded to windows 10. Any ideas of what I can do?

1 hour ago, rada9 said:

So, I tried the "keep my files" option, and when it shows me what programs will be uninstalled, even games/programs from other drives are there. Initially I thought the games that were there were the ones i have on the same SSD, on another partition, but that's not the case. I thought maybe i could create a bootable flash drive and reinstall windows form there, like how you could do with windows 7, because I remember that i could select the partition I wanted to install windows on (I don't know if I can do that on a w10 bootable drive), I don't know if it would work, but even if it would, the windows key I have is a windows 7 one, form before I upgraded to windows 10. Any ideas of what I can do?

it will keep the files, but because it resets the registry it wont think they are installed. most programs will still work when you run them, some wont and will require to be reinstalled. they will also not show up in your start menu as it also gets reset.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒