New Nintendo 3DS XL ( sd card issue )

Valkyrie Lenneth

yo, im trying to get an sdxc card to work with my new nintendo 3ds xl but it wont recognize the card,

i read on nintendo site it aint compatible with sdxc cards but is there anyway i can get this thing to work on the 3ds?0

i dont need the speed, just having that 32gb sdxc card is nice :(

or am i out of luck and i gotta buy a new sd card? \"\X_X/"/?

(◑‿◐)

You might be out of luck. Try an SDHC card instead. (Bad move on Nintendo's part IMO, not giving it compatibility with SDXC)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

You might be out of luck. Try an SDHC card instead. (Bad move on Nintendo's part IMO, not giving it compatibility with SDXC)

i was thinking maybe formatting in a specific pattern / cluster size maybe might make it recognizeable :(

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i was thinking maybe formatting in a specific pattern / cluster size maybe might make it recognizeable :(

That may work, although you likely won't have access to all 32Gb.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That may work, although you likely won't have access to all 32Gb.

u know the format layout the new 3ds xl supports then? i dont mind chopping some gb,s off my plan was using around 10-16gb anyway

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

u know the format layout the new 3ds xl supports then? i dont mind chopping some gb,s off my plan was using around 10-16gb anyway

I would be surprised if it didn't support SDHC(which supports up to 32Gb). The 3DS XL probably doesn't support anything beyond SD version 3.01(which is what SDXC runs on).

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would be surprised if it didn't support SDHC(which supports up to 32Gb). The 3DS XL probably doesn't support anything beyond SD version 3.01(which is what SDXC runs on).

i just found this microsd card, same issue omg rip me ( had one in my tablet spare :D )  so now i got a sdxc that doesnt work and this thing either, rip rip

920526.png.4d31e7c58623b6b56f7de8f3789cbd13.png

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i just found this microsd card, same issue omg rip me ( had one in my tablet spare :D )  so now i got a sdxc that doesnt work and this thing either, rip rip

-snip-

Note:

While it is possible to use SD standard or SDHC standard based cards, we cannot guarantee that products other than the included SD card will work.

Information:

• The Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS systems are compatible with SD cards up to 2 GB in size, and SDHC cards of 4 GB and larger up to 32 GB in size. All other SD Card types are not considered compatible. miniSD and microSD cards are compatible with the use of an SD card adapter.
  • The New Nintendo 3DS family systems are compatible with microSD cards up to 2 GB in size, and microSDHC cards of 4 GB and larger up to 32 GB in size. All other SD Card types are not considered compatible.
  • SDXC and microSDXC cards are not considered compatible

Quote from Nintendo's support site. Might be of some help

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

920526.png.4d31e7c58623b6b56f7de8f3789cbd13.png

OOO I GOT IT TO WORK, FORCED FAT32 FORMAT 16KB CLUSTER :D

apperantly new nintendo 3ds only supports fat32 formats :D \o/

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Quote from Nintendo's support site. Might be of some help

would have been smart if they added those cards work only with fat32 mode :D it runs on fat32,   exfat and ntsc doesnt work :v fat32 16kb cluster works \o/

(◑‿◐)