Old hardware mining

Im not sure if this is the right category for this but i have an old r9 270x 2gb, fx 6300 (I can over clock both of them fairly high) and 8gb ddr3 that i have no use for at the moment and cant be bothered to sell so i wondered what i could mine with that system. Money isn't a concern for me so their power draw is nothing to worry about and the heat is also not a concern as i have very adequate cooling for both and my bedroom is always pretty cold so the heat will actually be a bonus.

1 minute ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

Money isn't a concern for me so their power draw is nothing to worry about

Just out of interest, if the money isn't of interest to you, what is the point in mining? Would you not be better to devote the resources to Folding@Home or something similar?

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 2GB
Case: Some free Sharkoon case
Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB SSD | Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX750
Display(s): Acer framless 24" 1080p thing | Acer 22" 1600x900 thing
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
Mouse: R.A.T 7
Sound: HyperX Cloud II headset | Creative EAX 5.1 speakers

1 minute ago, MrJoosh said:

Just out of interest, if the money isn't of interest to you, what is the point in mining? Would you not be better to devote the resources to Folding@Home or something similar?

I meant money as in the cost of the electric, i guess i didnt explain that very well haha

You could mine with that hardware, but it probably wouldn't be very efficient. Just stay on top of maintenance and you should be all set.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

@Jessentis YouTube Please post topics once only, and in the appropriate section. I've merged the three topics you've posted into this one, as this forum section is the most appropriate for your question.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

1 minute ago, Whiskers said:

@Jessentis YouTube Please post topics once only, and in the appropriate section. I've merged the three topics you've posted into this one, as this forum section is the most appropriate for your question.

okay, i only put three on across different topics because i didnt know what one would be the most relevant to the subject

Just now, Jessentis YouTube said:

okay, i only put three on across different topics because i didnt know what one would be the most relevant to the subject

If you're ever unsure which section a thread will best belong to, just post it in whichever section you think fits best. If it turns out to belong to another section the mod team can move the thread there after it has been posted.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff