Program stuck in RAM

UnitD77

I got a crash in Rainbow Six Siege, a black screen with sound from the game. I reset my PC. Then when I restarted it I noticed 6GB of RAM being used by Siege, even though the game was shut down when I restarted the PC. I have tried shutting down and rebooting, reseating the RAM, switching RAM slots. I can't get the program to get out of RAM, the computer is apparently booting the game into RAM with the computer. When I go into the resource monitor and try to end the process it gives me a "access denied" error. I don't know what to do!!! 10GB IDLE!!!

ASUS maximus Hero 8 board, 6700K, 970FTW SLI, 2x8GB Coarsair DDR4 vengence 3000MHz.

I unplugged the PSU and apparently that fixed it.... I duno why, I flipped the switch on the back so it should of cut power to everything, also when I was reseating the RAM everything should of been wiped and no ghosted program should of stayed inside... That or resetting it for the 5th time fixed it.

Sounds like its not software related especially if it happening from boot.  RAM is volatile so when the board loses power the RAM loses power too, which mean no data can be stored. (Count to 20, so the energy can dissipate)

Either one of your sticks have gone faulty, or the Siege application has been corrupted, do File/Game Verification for Siege if it only uses that much ram when the game is launched.  If you're talking about vRAM then that is normal for Ultra settings. 

If it's happening before you launch siege then I'd use windows RAM testing utility or the BIOS version if you have one, if that fails then you might have to reinstall windows, Also on that board you might have a utility called RAM Cache II/III check that hasn't been modified and using more ram.  GL

If my posts help out, let me know on the feedback buttons.

Parts: Ryzen 5 1600X / GTX 1080 / 16Gb Vengeance LPX / RGB Stuff....

Full Specs here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LcdZVY - OR click my profile pic