cesarbg

I just built my pc:

• EVGA 500w
  • Ryzen 5 1400
  • GTX1050Ti
  • Kingston SSD
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 3000MHz
  • MoBo: Gigabyte Ab350M-D3H

I won't get video nor post (though I don't have a speaker). I have tried many things:

• Reseat CPU, GPU and RAM (even changing RAM slots)
  • I have reset CMOS
  • I have removed BIOS battery and reset CMOS
  • I have unplugged all USB/USB3/Ext AUDIO/SATA Cables

Do you have any other advice? Is it possible that I got a dead MoBo? Is there a way to know this? I have a PCI card POST checker, and when I plug it, all power leds (-12V, +12V, +5V and +3.3V) turn on. At first, I saw a '00' code, but now there are no numbers on the screen.

It's pretty easy to tell if your board is dead, generally the fans won't spin for more than a second or two after you press the power button. If your board is doing that then there's definitely a problem, likely faulty memory, board, or CPU.

Have you:

• Tried powering on with only one stick of RAM and did you test both sticks?
  • Make sure none of the CPU pins are bent?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

15 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's pretty easy to tell if your board is dead, generally the fans won't spin for more than a second or two after you press the power button. If your board is doing that then there's definitely a problem, likely faulty memory, board, or CPU.

Have you:

• Tried powering on with only one stick of RAM and did you test both sticks?
  • Make sure none of the CPU pins are bent?

It seems it was the RAM. I checked with a different ram and I can access BIOS. I guess I have to return the RAM to Amazon to get a refund.

hey man i had a very similar build with a very similar issue. i didnt fully push my graphics card in as i didnt know how hard it needed to be pushed, and thought i would break the mobo. try taking it out and plugging it back in, then make sure your display cord is plugged into the GRAPHICS IO not the MOBO IO

On 19/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, macro1 said:

hey man i had a very similar build with a very similar issue. i didnt fully push my graphics card in as i didnt know how hard it needed to be pushed, and thought i would break the mobo. try taking it out and plugging it back in, then make sure your display cord is plugged into the GRAPHICS IO not the MOBO IO

Not sure if that was an issue, but I finally found out it was the ram. One of the two sticks was defective and would not boot. I changed to a different set of sticks and it booted. I had to contact Amazon and order a different set. Thanks anyway!