Problems with software raid

HroiG

I have a very old pc and I cant get into the operating system but the problem is that I a trying to  get the data from it and it has three drives which show up as two and I am pretty sure it is a software raid 0 within windows because of the message I got from Ubuntu, Ubuntu was not installed, I just ran it from a usb stick, when I plugged one of them into another pc, I will ling an image of the message below, and I am wondering if there is any way of restoring the data, Thanks. :)

P.s. If you are looking at the picture it has only two of the drives show up but that is because I didn't have the third one plugged in.

Screenshot from 2017-12-19 19-53-08.png

Is it possible to boot the machine into Windows instead of Ubuntu?  Seems logical that if it is a software raid using Windows, then to "undo" the raid, you would have to use Windows.  Make sure that all drives are connected and powered first.

One software you could give a shot is UFS Explorer RAID Recovery.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

17 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Is it possible to boot the machine into Windows instead of Ubuntu?  Seems logical that if it is a software raid using Windows, then to "undo" the raid, you would have to use Windows.  Make sure that all drives are connected and powered first.

I tryed booting into windows, It would show me a recovery screen and than if I pressed anything it would wait a bit and than say something like, Press control, alt delete to restart

On 12/20/2017 at 5:54 AM, HroiG said:

I tryed booting into windows, It would show me a recovery screen and than if I pressed anything it would wait a bit and than say something like, Press control, alt delete to restart

If the RAID array was created as a virtual pair of disks in diskmgmt.msc, you're going to need to hook the disks up to a Windows system and cross your fingers that they're recognized, or repair that computers' installation of Windows and hope for the best. This is why I only use OS agnostic software RAID implementations, such as StableBit CloudDrive, because I can reinstall the software on any computer and be up and running in minutes, or simply plug the bare drive into any system that can read NTFS and access my files, assuming the drive itself isn't dying.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)