Driving a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR Autonomous Car!

On 12/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, r3loAded said:

Well, this is another clear example of Linus being like "Shut up and give me your money" style video. I am aware that there is a lot of technology inside that car, but at the end of the day it's just a car. And again I am aware that money has to be made in order to make the channel work.

fairly sure that's what an advertisement is

On 12/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, r3loAded said:

dislike the video - on my way now

lol

On 12/19/2017 at 4:56 PM, nicklmg said:

From what I understand Tesla's current production run of vehicles uses autonomy of a lower level (I think level 2 or 3 compared to level 4) than the SYMBIOZ.

But that is on a production car which is incredibly impressive.

No hate against Tesla here :) they're just not the only ones doing cool stuff in the autonomous space!

I had to create an account to reply to this. Yes, they are running level 2 but due to a lot of the restrictions with level 3 and up they are not allowed to activate it. This gives Tesla more time to do work with the states/federal to progress this. From my understanding, if you have a Model S P100D or Model X, you have a vehicle with what is considered level 5 capable once the feature is turned on. That company winning over a small country which is the size of just 1 state shows how hard it can be to develop a production car in the USA with these features fully enabled. Guaranteed if that car were to make it to the states, it would not be allowed to knowingly drive at level 4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, r3loAded said:

Well, this is another clear example of Linus being like "Shut up and give me your money" style video. I am aware that there is a lot of technology inside that car, but at the end of the day it's just a car. And again I am aware that money has to be made in order to make the channel work.

Next thing you'll see Linus reviewing/showcasing/presenting top of the line/state of the art cigarettes producing factory. Why? Because cheap publicity, because Linus, because money. Why pay tens of thousands to a TV commercial when you can fly a youtuber over at a fraction of a price. Getting Linus to showcase the car was the cheapest publicity for Renault.

Perfect advertisement formula: one youtuber boi with millions of subscribers + the product you want to advertise = the perfect cheapest advertisement. P.S Forgot to dislike the video - on my way now.

perhaps you could take a hint at what LTT is? Linus TECH Tips... and it's doesn't matter if it's a cheap or expensive publicity. It's still a publicity. and if you thought Renault did it just to save money, you must be pretty naive.