Hobby Photography Lumix GX85/80/7II or Olympus E-M10III?

fos1x

-both have the same price range that goes up and down about 450-550$
- Panasonic has a smaller body but they are both mirrorlesses so quite small to begin with!
- Olympus has more than double the Focus point and is a newer camera
- But the Panasonic seems to have lower price most of the time with NFC connection and post-focus mode
both have image stable and M4T sensor (but Olympus sensor is 0.5% bigger)

- what camera should I choose?

17 minutes ago, dafo446 said:

-both have the same price range that goes up and down about 450-550$
- Panasonic has a smaller body but they are both mirrorlesses so quite small to begin with!
- Olympus has more than double the Focus point and is a newer camera
- But the Panasonic seems to have lower price most of the time with NFC connection and post-focus mode
both have image stable and M4T sensor (but Olympus sensor is 0.5% bigger)

- what camera should I choose?

I'm guessing your main concern is stills...?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

I have the Lumix GX85/80 and love it. It is small and if you have large hands you might struggle with holding it. 

My hands are small and I love the compact size, I couldn't handle carrying round a DSLR + lenses! 

The other good thing about MFT is the lenses are smaller too! 

The Lumix has excellent 4K video but unfortunately not mic input. Fine for amateur sound but you'll need the GX8 if you want to use a proper mic. 

Post focus is cool but I usually shoot in full manual and just get the focus right by hand. The GX80/85 has slightly better body image stabilization than the GX8, it's a slightly newer iteration. Pair this with a Lumix lens that has POWER  IOS like my 14-140mm F/3.5-5.6 you will get dual IS which is amazing. I've been handheld at 1/10s and the image has been razor sharp. 

It'd say go with the Lumix but I only read reviews of the EM10-III and don't have any hands-on experience of it. 

Desktop: Ryzen R5 2600 @4.1GHz, Asus X370 Pro, 16GB 3200MHz TeamGroup RAM, GTX 1080, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

Monitor: Dell UP2716D

3 minutes ago, fatboyslimerr said:

It'd say go with the Lumix but I only read reviews of the EM10-III and don't have any hands-on experience of it. 

well, i have a small hand too but with the temptation of that Extra thick Olympus design is it worth it to throw 50-100$ more or goes for the best bang for bucks? oh btw I will be using an Olympus 17mm-f/1.8 lens, they are both MFT so the autofocus should work with the Panasonic.

1 minute ago, dafo446 said:

well, i have a small hand too but with the temptation of that Extra thick Olympus design is it worth it to throw 50-100$ more or goes for the best bang for bucks? oh btw I will be using an Olympus 17mm-f/1.8 lens, they are both MFT so the autofocus should work with the Panasonic.

I personally prefer the all black design of the GX80/85. Yes all Olympus MFT lenses have full auto focus functionality on Lumix and the other way round. The only issue is that Lumix includes image stabilisation in all the lenses but it won't work on an Olympus body. No biggie as Olympus include IS in the body. 

17mm F/1.8 is equivalent to 34mm in full frame. It's a classic shooting focal length, what do you plan to shoot with this lens? 

Desktop: Ryzen R5 2600 @4.1GHz, Asus X370 Pro, 16GB 3200MHz TeamGroup RAM, GTX 1080, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

Monitor: Dell UP2716D