RCA SP2700T

WittyNameHere

I like speakers; however, I do not have tons of funds to go throw around so I love to go pawn shop diving. I tend to find some hidden gems for relatively cheap prices. I found 2 tower speakers, the RCA SP2700Ts and the speakers look to be in fair condition and was curious about some of the aspects of them. There are 3 speakers in each tower; a tweeter (1''), a mid-range (4.5'') and a woofer (8''). the speakers are rated at 8 ohms with an rms of 130 and max of 190 watts. On one of the speakers, it has some yellow colored substance around the outside of the foam touching the mounting area. I was curious if this was some sort of glue that used to be used or if something has tainted the speaker. I would also like to know what the hurdles would be if I ever wanted to replace the speaker drivers themselves and if these speaker towers are actually any good quality wise. 

Glue?

More weird marks.

Full Tower.

Edited by WittyNameHere

The substance shown in the first photo does look like adhesive (probably contact cement). I'm guessing the trim/gasket fell off and the owner repaired it with contact cement.

As for the yellow spots on the surround, my guess is that it's fungus.

Thank you; also, do you think that if the speakers are not broken or anything that I should just leave it be and ride out the life of the speaker and not worry about fixing it until it is broken?