Christmas Time, Tablet Time

Christmas is coming and i was tasked to research tablets by my dad, because he  wants to gift one to my mum. I can use the internet and search engines, but i have barely any knowledge about tablets.

Can somebody recommend a site or youtube channels with trustworthy tablet comparisons? Preferably in german, but english is fine too. Tablet recommendations are also highly appreciated. 

Some informations:

The budget is probably around 200€ - 350€ or less of course   (ca. 230$ - 400$)

The only information regarding the budget was: "It shouldnt be in the same price class as a good smartphone." So there is that...

It should be an Android device, not an Ipad. I dont know about the Amazon devices. I can follow instructions to unlock the google store, but the tablet is not for me, and running into update issues in the future migh be a hassle. My mother is not that big a fan of Amazon as a company anyway. Also i heard there are some issues right now between google/youtube and Amazon.

My mother can browse the internet on a desktop pc without much effort and she uses my dad's smartphone from time to time for simple stuff; checking  the weather for example.

It is going to be used mostly in sitting positions, on a table, in the bed, couch, toilet, etc. and mostly for media (video) and average web browsing, so a 10 inch display would be nice, with an average - good sound quality, since she wont use earphones.

Maybe also games, but the games my mother is interested in are solitair, tetris and pinball games. My only real benchmark for good mobile games is hearthstone, so if it can run that, everything should be fine anyway.

My parents make short trips from time to time (mostly city trips) so an average - good camera would be nice, but it is not a priority, Most pictures or videos will probably be taken by my dad's Galaxy S6.

I dont know if they need the LTE feature, mostly because i dont know much about it.  It is probably nice to have?

Good battery life would, of course, be great. If i have to make an estimate, the tablet will get used for up to two hours a day. Mostly looking stuff up quickly or watching one or two episodes of a series.

I can try to convince my dad of an ipad if it is the best thing. I dont know if my dad has any other reasons to dislike apple products besides their closed structure. So going with Android is probably easier.

Thanks in advance, and i hope you can make something with that wishlist and limitations i described :)

Honestly, I’d recommend an iPad. My iPad 2 gets about 2+ months of standby battery, and more than 2 full days of usage for me. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

The ones that peaked my interest the most so far are the Samsung Tab A (2016), Lenovo Yoga Tab 3+ and Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite.