Where do I plug in my molex cable?

Ayala

My psu (evga 650w g3) came with a molex cable. I need to plug my fan controller into that molex cable. However, there is no port on my psu for the molex cable. Where do I plug it in?

There should be a 4 pin that goes into the power supply and then the other end is a few molex cables.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If your PSU came with a molex cable, then one of the ends should be able to plug into the PSU. Unless I'm missing something here.

Take pictures, it'll be easier.

414E18F5-49E9-4D4A-83D3-74F3205E38CF.jpeg

One end(the one that doesnt have the molex's) will be a 6 pin that you plug into perif 1/sata on the PSU.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It plugs into PERIF1. Though I imagine the SATA plugs are the same too.

Wait i’m still confused. the end of my molex cable isn’t a 6 pin. It has one row of 4 pins. I couldn’t really get a good picture but if u can see what i mean, it doesn’t fit into the perif. 

C864E574-E2BE-4CED-BB1A-1322E6CCD449.jpeg

Just now, Ayala said:

Wait i’m still confused. the end of my molex cable isn’t a 6 pin. It has one row of 4 pins. I couldn’t really get a good picture but if u can see what i mean, it doesn’t fit into the perif. 

C864E574-E2BE-4CED-BB1A-1322E6CCD449.jpeg

That looks like a floppy power connector.

Take a picture of the entire cable.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

That looks like a floppy power connector.

Take a picture of the entire cable.

Yeah i think you’re right. The perif cable looks like the right one, here’s them both. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

So the longer cable is the one that goes into the power supply.

The one you were showing is if you have a floppy drive (or something that uses that connector). That cable goes into the longer one.

Thank you so much! I have another unrelated question. This is a sata data cable right? (a pic of two). What’s this cable then? it came with my case and says sata on it

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The first picture is a SATA data cable. The second one is SATA power.

wait what?? i thought that the sata cables that came with the psu were sata power. 

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

I'll be had if a PSU company decided to ship 7-pin SATA data cables with a PSU...

wait so the cables that came with the psu labeled sata are not sata power cables?

11 minutes ago, Ayala said:

wait so the cables that came with the psu labeled sata are not sata power cables?

I’m pretty sure that the short cable labeled sata that came with my motherboard is an extension cable for the sata power. Can i plug the sata data cables into any sata port on my motherboard, or is it like ram and some ones are better? Also, I have some other cables and pieces of hardware that came included with my motherboard, can you help me identify any of them?

8A4DFF9A-3532-4625-96F9-5CF974551A2F.jpeg

15 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'll be had if a PSU company decided to ship 7-pin SATA data cables with a PSU...

I’m pretty sure that the short cable labeled sata that came with my motherboard is an extension cable for the sata power. Can i plug the sata data cables into any sata port on my motherboard, or is it like ram and some ones are better? Also, I have some other cables and pieces of hardware that came included with my motherboard, can you help me identify any of them?

8A4DFF9A-3532-4625-96F9-5CF974551A2F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ayala said:

Can i plug the sata data cables into any sata port on my motherboard, or is it like ram and some ones are better?

A cable is a cable. While there may be an issue with older (as in 10+ years) cables and SATA 6Gbps, this isn't something to lose sleep over.

2 minutes ago, Ayala said:

Also, I have some other cables and pieces of hardware that came included with my motherboard, can you help me identify any of them?

12CF1-1TM001-01R: It's likely a thermistor cable, for monitoring temperatures

GC-SLI12PL: SLI bridge

12KRH-0W0001-01R: A header to make plugging in the front panel connectors easier

12CF1-1LED02-10R: LED extension cable

The other thing I can't see the part number: Wi-Fi antenna

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

A cable is a cable. While there may be an issue with older (as in 10+ years) cables and SATA 6Gbps, this isn't something to lose sleep over.

12CF1-1TM001-01R: It's likely a thermistor cable, for monitoring temperatures

GC-SLI12PL: SLI bridge

12KRH-0W0001-01R: A header to make plugging in the front panel connectors easier

12CF1-1LED02-10R: LED extension cable

The other thing I can't see the part number: Wi-Fi antenna

which ones do I need to use? i’ve already done front panel connectors and only have one graphics card. how would i use the wifi antenna?

Just now, Ayala said:

which ones do I need to use? i’ve already done front panel connectors and only have one graphics card. how would i use the wifi antenna?

You technically don't need any of them to have the computer running. The thermistor cable is if you want extra temperature monitoring on something. The SLI bridge is if you have an SLI setup. The LED extension cable is if whatever LED you use isn't long enough.

The Wi-Fi antenna has two screw on leads that connect to the rear I/O panel. It doesn't matter which one goes where.