Surface Book replacement

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I currently have a Surface Book 1 with the GPU base.  At first I loved it and it was flawless in my eyes, but eventually firmware updates seem to have caused so many issues I'm wanting to sell it and get a replacement for it.

I use this thing for almost anything (programming, video editing, gaming, and more).

Some of the things I want in a replacement would be,

decent gaming in 1080p (doesn't have to be a full fledged gaming laptop)

Good performance in video editing

Touch screen

lightweight

Foldable (similar to if the surface book screen detached)

I'm going to use whatever money I get for the SB1 to buy the new one. I'm looking for any advice.  I won't touch Lenovo's or HP's so don't bother recommending those.

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Finding a 2-in-1 with gaming capabilities is a challenge all on it's own.

Absolutely, hence why I was seeing if anyone else knows of something that I haven't seen yet.

Does it have to be a 2 in 1?

Also, what is the budget?

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

Does it have to be a 2 in 1?

I would say yes, because I do use it as a tablet at times.  There are times where I also attach my SB screen above my desktop and use Synergy to control it.

Just now, Brambo said:

I would say yes, because I do use it as a tablet at times.  There are times where I also attach my SB screen above my desktop and use Synergy to control it.

Is storage a concern?

Just now, lilbman said:

Is storage a concern?

I currently have 256gb and it's manageable.  I would like more storage but this is probably something I can let slide.

Just now, Brambo said:

I currently have 256gb and it's manageable.  I would like more storage but this is probably something I can let slide.

Get one of these, probably one with the 7700HQ and the either 256Gb SSD or the 512Gb SSD (Lenovo Yoga 720 15").  It is a touch screen 2 in 1 with a 1050 and a 7700HQ, and has TB3.  Get a Razer Core and the GPU of your choosing and you should be set.

12 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Get one of these, probably one with the 7700HQ and the either 256Gb SSD or the 512Gb SSD (Lenovo Yoga 720 15").  It is a touch screen 2 in 1 with a 1050 and a 7700HQ, and has TB3.  Get a Razer Core and the GPU of your choosing and you should be set.

Would a Dell XPS with a Razer core be almost equal?

Just now, Brambo said:

Would a Dell XPS with a Razer core be almost equal?

I assume you mean the XPS 13 2 in 1.

No, it wouldn't.   The XPS 13 2 in 1 uses a 15W CPU, which is slow as shit.  For gaming and demanding tasks, you want a beefier CPU.

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

I assume you mean the XPS 13 2 in 1.

No, it wouldn't.   The XPS 13 2 in 1 uses a 15W CPU, which is slow as shit.  For gaming and demanding tasks, you want a beefier CPU.

Didn't even notice that!  

Is it basically Lenovo that owns this type of market?

4 minutes ago, Brambo said:

Didn't even notice that!  

Is it basically Lenovo that owns this type of market?

I'm fairly sure this is the only 2-in-1 with a 45W CPU on the market, so yeah they own this  segment :) .  Combining the Lenovo that I suggested and a Razer Core is the closest you'll get to what you had with the Surface Book.  It'll probably outperform what you had before.

13 hours ago, lilbman said:

I'm fairly sure this is the only 2-in-1 with a 45W CPU on the market, so yeah they own this  segment :) .  Combining the Lenovo that I suggested and a Razer Core is the closest you'll get to what you had with the Surface Book.  It'll probably outperform what you had before.

That sounds like a lot of setup compared to what I have now.  I guess I'll try and troubleshoot the SB again and see if there is anything I can do to make it work properly.

Thanks for the help everyone!