Dead motherboard?

Flowroro

Hey guys I recently built a system and it’s not starting up so I was wondering if my Mobo was dead which is most likely, psu and ram I tested on a different rig and it works, everything is plugged in I quadruple checked. Also took out the Mobo battery and replaced it with a new one and tried the old one again, still nothing turns on, no lights no beeps no nothing, not sure if the Mobo or cpu is bad cuz they’re the only two I can’t test with a different cpu, thoughts?

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

Did it ever turn on before? If it did then is there anything that you could have done like OC or dropping to break it? Have you checked that you are pressing the right button to turn it on or if that button even works? Has anything fallen off the MBD or looked like it burnt off? Have you tried taking the CPU out and checking if anything looks out of the ordinary or if dust got in somewhere? Is the PSU plugged in and turned on? Is the cooler installed correctly?

If worse comes to worse. What is the cheapest MBD I can buy to check the CPU?

Just a few questions you should run through your head, some of them are very trivial but you should check them nonetheless. Hope I could help!

Normally if a board is dead, the lights will still turn on and it will try to do something, same when the CPU is dead, at least in my experience. If nothing happens at all, then its more likely that something is not plugged in correctly.

Main Rig: EK custom loop |2700x @ 4.25 Ghz| Msi X470 Gaming Plus | 32gb DDR4 | Aorus GTX 1080ti @ 2088 Mhz | TT Core X71 TG | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb + 256gb Toshiba NVMe + 275GB Crucial m.2

Laptop: Surface Book 2 15" |  i7 8650U 4.2 GHz | 16gb DDR3L | GTX 1060 6gb | 265GB NVMe SSD

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9jvNnH

Hm then it may be the cpu then because the Mobo worked a while ago with a different cpu I no longer have, but just threw in another cpu now and it didn’t work.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||