How should I wire it up?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, so only one connector connects to the motherboard? That's it?

There are multiple ways of connecting it but the way Corsair had it designed is for the single 3 pin to be connected to the CPU header, as the unit has cables that come off the block for the fans. If you want to control the pump and fans speeds you need to do it via Corsair Link and have the USB data cable also connected to the pump block. 

Related image

I'm planning to get an H100i V2 if this is possible, but what I need to do is connect all the cables (pump and both fans), but I only have one 4-pin fan header on my motherboard. My questions are:

1. Can I use the 4-pin fan header for the pump?

2. Could I use a 3-way splitter and connect both fans and the pump to the splitter, connecting the other end to the 4-pin on the motherboard?

I also have a couple of 3-pin headers, could I connect the fans to those? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm planning to get an H100i V2 if this is possible, but what I need to do is connect all the cables (pump and both fans), but I only have one 4-pin fan header on my motherboard. My questions are:

1. Can I use the 4-pin fan header for the pump?

2. Could I use a 3-way splitter and connect both fans and the pump to the splitter, connecting the other end to the 4-pin on the motherboard?

I also have a couple of 3-pin headers, could I connect the fans to those? Thanks!

For the H100i V2 the unit is powered via the 3 pin fan cable, so you can hook that up to a 4 pin motherboard header but you want to ensure the unit is getting full power 12V. The fans can be connected to the two fan cables that come directly off the pump block itself. 

Just now, W-L said:

For the H100i V2 the unit is powered via the 3 pin fan cable, so you can hook that up to a 4 pin motherboard header but you want to ensure the unit is getting full power 12V. The fans can be connected to the two fan cables that come directly off the pump block itself. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

There are multiple ways of connecting it but the way Corsair had it designed is for the single 3 pin to be connected to the CPU header, as the unit has cables that come off the block for the fans. If you want to control the pump and fans speeds you need to do it via Corsair Link and have the USB data cable also connected to the pump block. 

Related image