Best Parts for Build?

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,
2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

So it does.  I assumed the maxwell would beat the Kepler, but it looks like the 660 is lightly better.  As long as power is not an issue, then the 660 would be the more powerful card.

Yeah the power could be an issue with it, but as it's already in one of his builds i'd assume(or atleast hope) that OP has a psu with the connectors/wattage to run it :P 

OK, it probably won't make that much of a difference,

but still, what would be the best setup or the best components to put in a build, with these 2 options.

what i have now (builds) :

- IntelCore i5-4690 + MSI H97 Gaming 3 motherboard + MSI GTX 750 Ti + 16 GB (1600ghz)ram + NZXT S340 case (white/black)

and

- IntelCore i5-4460 + ASUS Z97-AR motherboard + ASUS GTX 660 + 8 GB (1600ghz) ram + MasterBox Lite 5 (black /with 3 colors choices"red,white,blue")

...planning:

- IntelCore-i5 4690 + ASUS Z97-AR + ASUS GTX 660 + 16 GB + NZXT case ?

what do you think?

thankyou,

Component wise it's a no brainer to do it how you're planning.

Case wise thats entirely up to you, you'll be the one who has to look at it everytime you turn the pc on or whilst you're using the pc :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

4690, Z97, 750ti, 16gb

Good to go.

Unless the 660 has fallen behind with driver updates, i'm pretty sure it out performs the 750ti.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Unless the 660 has fallen behind with driver updates, i'm pretty sure it out performs the 750ti.

So it does.  I assumed the maxwell would beat the Kepler, but it looks like the 660 is lightly better.  As long as power is not an issue, then the 660 would be the more powerful card.

@RKRiley yes the gtx 660 out performs the 750ti, just a little bit.

but it does consume more power. the 750ti doesnt need a power connector

2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah the power could be an issue with it, but as it's already in one of his builds i'd assume(or atleast hope) that OP has a psu with the connectors/wattage to run it :P