Where do I install the sata cable???

Ayala

I have an ssd and it's mounted to my s340 elite case. Where do I plug in the sata cable? Also, where do I find the power cable for the ssd? 

Power cable will be on the PSU, normally there's a couple of SATA power connectors on a single cable coming from the PSU. 

For SATA data (the smaller connector), you plug it into a SATA port on the motherboard. Placement varies from board to board, but the majority of motherboards have them positioned along the right side of the board, most commonly just below the 24 pin power connector. 

sata-ssd-connections.jpg?itok=WnC5-s0e

motherboard-connections_0.jpg?itok=qTrhz

http://www.alphr.com/features/378925/how-to-install-an-ssd

1__10139_zoom.jpg

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Power cable will be on the PSU, normally there's a couple of SATA power connectors on a single cable coming from the PSU. 

For SATA data (the smaller connector), you plug it into a SATA port on the motherboard. Placement varies from board to board, but the majority of motherboards have them positioned along the right side of the board, most commonly just below the 24 pin power connector. 

sata-ssd-connections.jpg?itok=WnC5-s0e

motherboard-connections_0.jpg?itok=qTrhz

http://www.alphr.com/features/378925/how-to-install-an-ssd

1__10139_zoom.jpg

Wait so there's a sata cable that comes with the power supply, I plug that into the psu and the ssd, and there's a cable that comes with my motherboard that looks like the sata power cable but the same plug on both ends what do I do with that?

4 minutes ago, Ayala said:

Wait so there's a sata cable that comes with the power supply, I plug that into the psu and the ssd, and there's a cable that comes with my motherboard that looks like the sata power cable but the same plug on both ends what do I do with that?

SATA power comes from the PSU to the SSD. SATA data goes from the SSD to the motherboard (or the motherboard to the SSD, depends how you want to look at it, it's the same thing). 

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

SATA power comes from the PSU to the SSD. SATA data goes from the SSD to the motherboard (or the motherboard to the SSD, depends how you want to look at it, it's the same thing). 

Where are the sata data ports on this motherboard?

Z370%20Pro4(L2).png

Just now, Ayala said:

Where are the sata data ports on this motherboard?

Right hand side, below the 24 pin power connector, level with the first two PCIe slots. 

4950b555eec4d27b06b1c9b3c6400baf923fb876418c4bae720c8ec5dae06ed5.jpg.83f298d52140c943f1826d9f0a2db028.jpg