In depth pc build guide?

Ayala

Today I started building my first pc with a friend. I had watched many guides and thought I was well prepared, but when I started I realized how little I knew. It took me 10 minutes to find the screws in the case, 5 just to figure out how to get the back off, and 10 minutes to install the motherboard. I don’t know what screws go where, and where all the cables go. What’s a really detailed pc build guide that you reccomend? 

Literally any YouTube video works fine. Just make sure it's from a high-sub-count channel and isn't super high end.

EDIT: Alternatively, I could help you.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I think its is because they have been building for a while so not sure hard for them hopefully this will work

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Literally any YouTube video works fine. Just make sure it's from a high-sub-count channel and isn't super high end.

EDIT: Alternatively, I could help you.

How do I know which screws are for securing the motherboard? 

Just now, Ayala said:

IDK how to describe them. Do this: put one of each screw in a line, and take a picture of them. I'll tell you which one to use.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Ayala said:

General Rule of thumb is if it fits and is pretty snug then its the right thing. Sometimes you just have to use trial and error. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

49 minutes ago, Ayala said:

It should say it in the manual for the case. 

:)

I've found that most of building a PC comes from watching different build guides, not just one or two. I would suggest setting aside a few hours one day and having a lot at some different YouTubers build guides. I would recommend BitWit or PaulsHardware for this. I also a fairly decent build guide on LowkoTV's channel. But to wrap up this reply, I would suggest looking at multiple build guides, and have a look at the user manuals for motherboards and/or you case to find the proper size screws.

My personal PC:

CPU: Intel - Core i5 8600k  Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo  Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Storage: San Disk SSD Plus 240 GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB  Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass ATX  PSU: Corsair CX550M 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular PSU.

Peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Keyboard: Rii - RK100 Wired Standard Keyboard Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset Speakers: Logitech - Z150 0W 2ch Speakers

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VVwvHN

Just now, TheNight said:

I've found that most of building a PC comes from watching different build guides, not just one or two. I would suggest setting aside a few hours one day and having a lot at some different YouTubers build guides. I would recommend BitWit or PaulsHardware for this. I also a fairly decent build guide on LowkoTV's channel. But to wrap up this reply, I would suggest looking at multiple build guides, and have a look at the user manuals for motherboards and/or you case to find the proper size screws.

I have watched at least 5 different build guides in the past month and many more in the past year, but I just got confused on the really specific stuff that isn’t mentioned in usual build guides. 

Just now, Ayala said:

I have watched at least 5 different build guides in the past month and many more in the past year, but I just got confused on the really specific stuff that isn’t mentioned in usual build guides. 

Have a read through user manuals supplied with your case. They will show the exact screw type needed and a a reliable source. 

My personal PC:

CPU: Intel - Core i5 8600k  Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo  Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Storage: San Disk SSD Plus 240 GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB  Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass ATX  PSU: Corsair CX550M 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular PSU.

Peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Keyboard: Rii - RK100 Wired Standard Keyboard Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset Speakers: Logitech - Z150 0W 2ch Speakers

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VVwvHN

16 minutes ago, Ayala said:

Unfortunately there are so many different hardware combinations that detailed build guides are not always helpful. What does work is planning and visualization. Before starting, roughly work out the steps and probably order. Then think through each step in detail followed by visualizing the step. The visualization helps to work through the details and lets you see where difficulties might arise. During visualization it is not uncommon to realize that a step must precede another to make installation work or work easier.

So a step might be install the motherboard. As one details then visualizes this step one realizes

• that the case needs to be on its side,
  • motherboard standoffs need to be installed in the case,
  • mounting screws & possibly washers need to be located,
  • a Phillips screwdriver is needed,
  • the i/o backplate needs to be on the motherboard's rear i/o block,
  • etc.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.