Craigslist Find!!!

vSyNd1c4t3

Hey guys, found a pretty nice PC on Craigslist today. Just goes to show things are out there.

$320 for this. :)

Specs:
Case: SilverStone Raven RVZ01

PSU: Silverstone 450watt

Motherbaord: Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4690K
RAM: 8GB
HDD1: 120GB SSD
HHD2: 3TB 5400 RPM
Optical: BlueRay Drive
GPU: GTX 760

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Dang, $320 for all that? Mind you, Kepler architecture wasn't exactly the best, but all this at that price is just amazing. In my area, systems like that go for ~500.

That is a beautiful system though, did you have to talk the seller down at all?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Dang, $320 for all that? Mind you, Kepler architecture wasn't exactly the best, but all this at that price is just amazing. In my area, systems like that go for ~500.

That is a beautiful system though, did you have to talk the seller down at all?

He said he originally posted it for $650, and got a bite for $525 but didn't take it. He said he eventually came down on the price. Not sure why he had it listed so low this time around. Was listed for $350, I asked for $300, and we settled on $320.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

6 minutes ago, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

Hey guys, found a pretty nice PC on Craigslist today. Just goes to show things are out there.

$320 for this. :)

Specs:
Case: SilverStone Raven RVZ01

PSU: Silverstone 450watt

Motherbaord: Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4690K
RAM: 8GB
HDD1: 120GB SSD
HHD2: 3TB 5400 RPM
Optical: BlueRay Drive
GPU: GTX 760

wow, 

go for it bro xD thats great ! 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

Was listed for $350, I asked for $300, and we settled on $320.

GG Mate.

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

Just now, givingtnt said:

wow, 

go for it bro xD thats great ! 

I bought it within the hour of seeing it.

1 minute ago, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

He said he originally posted it for $650, and got a bite for $525 but didn't take it. He said he eventually came down on the price. Not sure why he had it listed so low this time around. Was listed for $350, I asked for $300, and we settled on $320.

Haha all of those prices seem way to expensive for a system like that, did he happen to take in current value of the components in the build?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Haha all of those prices seem way to expensive for a system like that, did he happen to take in current value of the components in the build?

I kinda told him about how newer stuff is about the same price, but the new stuff just performs better.

By far the weakest part of it was the GPU, which is why he was probably having problems selling it, but I see the systems potential, and upgrade potential.

Oh, btw it has a Noctua Cooler, and a few more Noctua fans inside it too. :D

1 minute ago, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

I kinda told him about how newer stuff is about the same price, but the new stuff just performs better.

By far the weakest part of it was the GPU, which is why he was probably having problems selling it, but I see the systems potential, and upgrade potential.

Oh, btw it has a Noctua Cooler, and a few more Noctua fans inside it too. :D

Oh not bad. I really don't like how underrated older hardware is these days, but if you can find a 780 or a higher-end 900 series card, you should be all good to go.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Oh not bad. I really don't like how underrated older hardware is these days, but if you can find a 780 or a higher-end 900 series card, you should be all good to go.

I like to stick with 4th gen or higher personally when finding older hardware.

My personal rig is better than this one, I actually bought this for a friend of mine. They said "Can you find me a computer?". I asked em how much for their budget and they told me $300... I told em it would take a while but I'd find something... Was expecting to get an old business computer i3, 500gb hdd, and crap PSU for around $200. Then hope to throw in a simple 1050 or 1050ti, maybe if I was lucky find something a bit better on Craigslist for $100... but I think settling for this wasn't too bad.

Just now, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

I like to stick with 4th gen or higher personally when finding older hardware.

My personal rig is better than this one, I actually bought this for a friend of mine. They said "Can you find me a computer?". I asked em how much for their budget and they told me $300... I told em it would take a while but I'd find something... Was expecting to get an old business computer i3, 500gb hdd, and crap PSU for around $200. Then hope to throw in a simple 1050 or 1050ti, maybe if I was lucky find something a bit better on Craigslist for $100... but I think settling for this wasn't too bad.

Oh not bad at all. Looking around for used hardware is pretty fun, I've been poking around for specifically older hardware for my WinXP system. Sadly no PCIe x16 Gen 1 cards, but I do have a friend that can give me their old GT 620 and some spare memory for free so that's fun.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's also suprising since it's an ITX SFF build.  The RVZ01 is not a some $40 case and it has an SFX power supply.  If you factor in the value of the SFF cooling system it must also have as well, it all is a pretty great deal.