Xbox One to 4k Gsync Monitor Issues

Zrocker04

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to get my Xbox One on my PC monitor and have come up short. I have an Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync monitor, and I wanted to use my Xbone on it since it would have lower input lag than my TV (i know gsync wont work from Xbone). I did some research and found i needed an active HDMI to DP converter so i bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0144NS4Z6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, i got signal on my monitor from the xbox but it was 640x480 which looks pretty awful on a 4k monitor (it wasn't upscaled either, literally a tiny box on my screen). I'm out of ideas on how to get it to full screen at at least 1080p. I don't think the cable was the issue, using a 6 ft. DP cable from amazon basics that says it's rated for 4K video (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J8S6X2I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I was messing with the settings on the xbox and changing to DVI or HDMI output didnt help. When it was on HDMI output I was able to change the resolution to 1080 but the screen was just black at that point and reset back to 640. Would the converter not be working correctly? The USB power is plugged into the back of the xbox as well, i could try running it to my PC instead.

Any idea on why this isn't working and how to get it to work at least at 1080 and get my monitor to upscale it?

Thanks in advance, don't flame, not an expert but i tried to do my research at least.

Have you tried a HDMI straight from the xbox to your monitor?

Edit - oh that monitor only has a DP.. that's a bit shitty.. so nevermind :S 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Monitor only has 1 DP input as Gsync was pretty new when i bought it and they only used 1 DP input. Forgot to mention that part haha, but yeah that would be a lot easier.