I forgot to take my rubber cap of the gas cylinder on my gaming chair

icedx2

Hello all!

As the title states, I am an idiot and did not take the red cap off of the gas cylinder while putting my gaming chair together, I cannot for the life of me get the cylinder off the base in order to take the cap off, any one of have tricks or help?!?

Spoiler

1b25f891994debba87a2cc6c501b759c--car-hu

Seriously... getting those things out is murder.  If you do, use a rubber mallet or hit into a folded towel.

Buy a new chair,xD JK as evanair said, try hitting it with a rubber mallet, maybe some WD40.

14 minutes ago, mitchpman13 said:

Buy a new chair,xD JK as evanair said, try hitting it with a rubber mallet, maybe some WD40.

Well, quit honestly, the chair came a bit broken, but I needed it, becuase I just moved, so I emailed Vertagear with pictures, hoping they send another one out, has about 3 different small rips and a broken plastic piece

25 minutes ago, icedx2 said:

Hello all!

As the title states, I am an idiot and did not take the red cap off of the gas cylinder while putting my gaming chair together, I cannot for the life of me get the cylinder off the base in order to take the cap off, any one of have tricks or help?!?

What rubber cap?

DANG IT!

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

If it was damaged in shipping then you could probably get replacements pretty easy then.

7 minutes ago, mitchpman13 said:

If it was damaged in shipping then you could probably get replacements pretty easy then.

Yes, I think I will be able to. The thing is I put the chair together anyway because I have recently moved and don't really have much to sit on. I am hoping they do not make me send this back, as taking it apart will probably be a real b****

Well just in case you do need to, rubber mallet and some WD40 xD

I tried disassembling my dx racer when I moved states and I couldn't for the love of god get the gas cylinder from the base plate. Just ended up keep it together and flipping it upside down to fit in my back seat.

27 minutes ago, mitchpman13 said:

Well just in case you do need to, rubber mallet and some WD40 xD

I tried disassembling my dx racer when I moved states and I couldn't for the love of god get the gas cylinder from the base plate. Just ended up keep it together and flipping it upside down to fit in my back seat.

noooo! thats not very encouraging!

Well, my move was last minute planned after coming back from vacation. So I had no tools nor time to really try to disassemble it. xD

Wait, this is a thing? My chair has a slight wobble, could the cap cause this?

1 hour ago, papes said:

Wait, this is a thing? My chair has a slight wobble, could the cap cause this?

I don't think so, the cap basically locks up the button that releases the pressure, so when i use the lever, it essentially does not go up and down, because the cap is preventing the button from being pressed

On 12/7/2017 at 1:30 AM, icedx2 said:

I don't think so, the cap basically locks up the button that releases the pressure, so when i use the lever, it essentially does not go up and down, because the cap is preventing the button from being pressed

Ok, I am able to adjust the height on my chair, I'll stop worrying. I wish you luck with your issue.

Got a new chair, and got to keep the old one! After receiving a video from vertagear I was able to get the gas lift off and take the cap off and put it back on the chair. So everything is working now. I had to use an actual hammer, and basically hit the base in each corner pretty hard. Took no more then 2 min and was surprised how easy I got it off.