Blowing off Drives

MasterLow
Go to solution Solved by TonyStark,

asuming that you will format the drive and perform a clean OS installation, then yes, you have to install all the device drivers for your machine. The CD that comes with the motherbaord/GPU etc, is at most of the times the last resort in case you do not have an internet connection available in orderto download the latest drivers from the device vendors. If the OS does not identify the NIC automatically, then simply install the NIC driver from the CD and download the rest.

hey I'm trying to blow off my hdd drive that im using by reinstalling windows onto it but If I do end up blowing off this drive do I have to reinstall that motherboard disc that has all the motherboard software or firmware stuff on it?

asuming that you will format the drive and perform a clean OS installation, then yes, you have to install all the device drivers for your machine. The CD that comes with the motherbaord/GPU etc, is at most of the times the last resort in case you do not have an internet connection available in orderto download the latest drivers from the device vendors. If the OS does not identify the NIC automatically, then simply install the NIC driver from the CD and download the rest.

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're saying is that you want to wipe the drive that you currently have windows installed to? If you reinstall windows, will you need to reinstall the drivers for the motherboard?

Yes, you will need to reinstall all drivers and software. Nothing left on the drive will be saved, only the stuff you backup elsewhere.

-アパゾ