I think i overclock my PC ?! Maybe

NaNNNoteK

Guys , i think i overclock my PC these days. I,m right? See the PICS . Recently, about a week ago, i did the ,,5-way Optimization" on high stress, CPU ration stability on normal and 1-2 min of stress from dual intelligent processors 5. , for my after effects,premiere pro and photoshop , to run best perfomance and smoth. I'm editing videos and stuff like that, so i need to run my AMD Ryzen 1800x at full performance, of course CPU worked very well in this chapter. When i did  "5 way optimization," and when it reached 4150mhz, the PC stopped and restart. Since then, my CPU run at 4100 mhz all the time , and all 3 fans , is running fast for colling CPU. I dont need this performance in games like league of legends, csgo ETC. I need that best performance in after effects. So my question is: how can i decrease 4100mhz to 3900 maybe 3800, because my PC is running all the time at that mhz and stay at the 65-75°C  maybe 78-80° in game, and when i need to editing in after effects, photoshop ETC, i can simply increase performance then? Thanks for helping :) 

Sorry for my bad english. Hope you understand. 

MySpecs: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition 11GB DDR5X 352-bit

MEM: HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO

COOLER CPU : Fractal Design Celsius S36 Black

FANS: Corsair HD140 RGB LED High Performance 140mm x2

Corsair HD120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm plus Fan Controller x1

gfdgfd.png

fdgfd.png

gdfgfd.png

1.59 V on Ryzen O_O that seems high

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Uhm... -_O , it's bad ? haha, it;s my first time to work with these overclock , i dont know this program, what's with the V, ... i'm lost 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

looks good, should be able to reduce volts a bit and have good system stability, but Ryzen typical has higher voltage than intel cpu.

Enabling Turbo would be suitable and running at stock speeds - although admittedly I am not an expert on Ryzen. It may already be on. For a much cooler clock you should overclock manually and try to get as much speed for your voltage - but do not go too high as voltage correlates with core temps.

Thankfully the guide uses the same motherboard as you: http://www.overclockers.com/amd-ryzen-overclocking-guide/

You should be able to get performance whilst having cooler temps :)

Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, NaNNNoteK said:

Uhm... -_O , it's bad ? haha, it;s my first time to work with these overclock , i dont know this program, what's with the V, ... i'm lost 

V is volts, in this case the voltage through the core (CPU).  The higher the voltage, the higher you can overclock, but you will also make more heat and wear out the chip more.  At extreme levels, it can noticeably shorten the lifespan or even kill it quickly.  I'm no expert but I think most people use 1.3 - 1.4 V for Ryzen, maybe 1.45 at most.  If that reading is correct, you've gone way beyond that and could be hurting the chip.

AMD themselves recommends keeping it at or under 1.35 for 24/7 use, and says anything above 1.45 can noticeably impact lifespan

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

yea i hear that too. And typical temp for ryzen is 60-80

Just now, Pachuca said:

looks good, should be able to reduce volts a bit and have good system stability, but Ryzen typical has higher voltage than intel cpu.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Enabling Turbo would be suitable and running at stock speeds - although admittedly I am not an expert on Ryzen. It may already be on. For a much cooler clock you should overclock manually and try to get as much speed for your voltage - but do not go too high as voltage correlates with core temps.

Thankfully the guide uses the same motherboard as you: http://www.overclockers.com/amd-ryzen-overclocking-guide/

You should be able to get performance whilst having cooler temps :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for link

I did this settings in bios: from 1.594 V to 1.400 and from 4.1 mhz to 3.8 . Look at pics. It is good now for gaming? and 2nd Question: When i need to get a higher performance , i need to go in bios for that ?

agasgsa.png