GPU's Not Detected

Antivist

So today I bought a used computer for the parts. It had a 480 and a case I was interested in adding to my little mining set up. So I transferred my Motherboard and everything from the previous case into the new case that I bought. The GPU's that were running in that were 2 EVGA GTX 970's which were running perfectly before. I then added the 480 so I could mine with all 3 cards, but now windows 10 will not detect them at all. I can get the 480 to get up and running fine, but the 970's won't. I've tried taking them out and putting in my gaming rig to make sure they didn't get damaged somehow, but they worked fine. So I tried connecting them to a separate display from the 480, still nothing, I tried rearranging them in the PCIE slots, still nothing. I tried taking the 480 out completely and just going with the 970's, but I got the same black screen. I've blown the drivers completely out and tried to reinstall them, but I get the issue of NVIDIA not being able to detect any compatible hardware. I've checked device manager and they simply do not show up. I can't figure out what the problem is as nothing will detect the GPU's at all. I simply get a black screen even with the 480 and 970's on different displays. Any help would be appreciated as I'm just at a loss of what to do. I don't want to blow out Windows because I have a lot of data saved on there I don't want to mess around with and risk losing so something that doesn't involve completely resetting would be preferable. 

So you have tried a single 970 in the new rig by itself? One if each cards installed, both should show up in the device manager. So I would get to that point and go from there. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

So you have tried a single 970 in the new rig by itself? One if each cards installed, both should show up in the device manager. So I would get to that point and go from there. 

Yes I have tried a single 970 by itself and I just get a black screen. I've tried having it connected through VGA and HDM on two different monitors as well with no results. They don't show up in device manager at all for some reason and I cannot install drivers either to try and get them to show up.

41 minutes ago, Antivist said:

So today I bought a used computer for the parts. It had a 480 and a case I was interested in adding to my little mining set up. So I transferred my Motherboard and everything from the previous case into the new case that I bought. The GPU's that were running in that were 2 EVGA GTX 970's which were running perfectly before. I then added the 480 so I could mine with all 3 cards, but now windows 10 will not detect them at all. I can get the 480 to get up and running fine, but the 970's won't. I've tried taking them out and putting in my gaming rig to make sure they didn't get damaged somehow, but they worked fine. So I tried connecting them to a separate display from the 480, still nothing, I tried rearranging them in the PCIE slots, still nothing. I tried taking the 480 out completely and just going with the 970's, but I got the same black screen. I've blown the drivers completely out and tried to reinstall them, but I get the issue of NVIDIA not being able to detect any compatible hardware. I've checked device manager and they simply do not show up. I can't figure out what the problem is as nothing will detect the GPU's at all. I simply get a black screen even with the 480 and 970's on different displays. Any help would be appreciated as I'm just at a loss of what to do. I don't want to blow out Windows because I have a lot of data saved on there I don't want to mess around with and risk losing so something that doesn't involve completely resetting would be preferable. 

AMD Crimson and Geforce Experience kinda die if theyre used together in the same system.... Linus made a vid a longggg while back wih 2 amd cards and 2 nvidia cards in the same system. They had to do a lot of patching. I would suggest deleting drivers and reinstalling.

Edit:/ pull out the amd card and have in one or 2 970s and reinstall geforce experience. Dont have the amd card in while reinstalling

6 minutes ago, Antivist said:

Yes I have tried a single 970 by itself and I just get a black screen. I've tried having it connected through VGA and HDM on two different monitors as well with no results. They don't show up in device manager at all for some reason and I cannot install drivers either to try and get them to show up.

The board have dedicated graphics? When ran with a single 970, do you hear windows start in the background through the speakers? Have you cycled through the inputs while it has a black screen?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

The board have dedicated graphics? When ran with a single 970, do you hear windows start in the background through the speakers? Have you cycled through the inputs while it has a black screen?

No it does not have dedicated graphics, but everything lights up and seems to be going okay except for the screen. And yes I have tried cycling between VGA and HDMI.

To mine, it shouldn't be running on windows with mixed cards. 

Should install an os on a flash drive and boot to that when you want to mine.

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

AMD Crimson and Geforce Experience kinda die if theyre used together in the same system.... Linus made a vid a longggg while back wih 2 amd cards and 2 nvidia cards in the same system. They had to do a lot of patching. I would suggest deleting drivers and reinstalling.

I remember that video, but I've seen a lot of people using both in the same system for mining since it's not SLI or Crossfire. The odd thing is that it's not even Geforce Experience because I can't even install it. There's absolutely no detection of the NVIDIA GPU's going on whatsoever. And then when I tried putting just the single 970 without any trace of AMD on there it did the same thing. 

Have you set it to safemode and uninstalled the amd stuff and rebooted into safemode with a 970?

5 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Edit:/ pull out the amd card and have in one or 2 970s and reinstall geforce experience. Dont have the amd card in while reinstalling

I tried doing that, but still a black screen unfortunately :/ I also tried putting both cards into my gaming rig just to see if there was an issue with the cards, but they were detected and everything worked properly in there. 

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Have you set it to safemode and uninstalled the amd stuff and rebooted into safemode with a 970?

I have not tried safemode yet; I just uninstalled the AMD stuff and then tried to reboot back with the 970. I'll try safemode though and see if that works.

2 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I remember that video, but I've seen a lot of people using both in the same system for mining since it's not SLI or Crossfire. The odd thing is that it's not even Geforce Experience because I can't even install it. There's absolutely no detection of the NVIDIA GPU's going on whatsoever. And then when I tried putting just the single 970 without any trace of AMD on there it did the same thing. 

I used to run amd cards and then I installed a nvidia card. Even though drivers that a person has to install arent on it, windows does driver allocation. It basicly tells the system you have this or that card and goes from there. can you get ANY card working?

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I used to run amd cards and then I installed a nvidia card. Even though drivers that a person has to install arent on it, windows does driver allocation. It basicly tells the system you have this or that card and goes from there. can you get ANY card working?

Yes, the 480 works perfectly fine and I'm even able to mine with it with no problems.

Just now, Antivist said:

Yes, the 480 works perfectly fine and I'm even able to mine with it with no problems.

try deleting amd and nividia drivers and reinstalling. im 99% sure the drivers are colliding with each other

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

try deleting amd and nividia drivers and reinstalling. im 99% sure the drivers are colliding with each other

Is there a specific order I should try installing them in? I completely erased both drivers and then tried installing NVIDIA drivers and got the error that no compatible hardware could be found so I couldn't install them. Should I try doing the AMD drivers this time first?

13 minutes ago, Antivist said:

Is there a specific order I should try installing them in? I completely erased both drivers and then tried installing NVIDIA drivers and got the error that no compatible hardware could be found so I couldn't install them. Should I try doing the AMD drivers this time first?

I mean theres no harm. The only problem I see right now is WHY its not being recognized....

12 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I mean theres no harm. The only problem I see right now is WHY its not being recognized....

I just tried going into safemode and uninstalling the drivers. I then reinstalled AMD drivers and restarted then tried to install NVIDIA drivers where I got the error about not finding any compatible hardware. 

3 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I just tried going into safemode and uninstalling the drivers. I then reinstalled AMD drivers and restarted then tried to install NVIDIA drivers where I got the error about not finding any compatible hardware. 

Reseat your GPUS