Multiboot Tablet building?

VioDuskar

So, here's my idea. 

Microsoft has announced an LTE surface pro.

I have a surface pro 4 that i've had about 2 years now. 

so here's what I want to do, and help me brain storm this.

I want to install windows 10, android Oreo, Mac OS, and a Linux Disto. all on individual 128GB Micro SD cards. 

booting each on my surface pro 4, via the SD slot.

I would use the internal storage as communal storage between them all, formated in EXFat for a universal file system between the OSs.

I would use a USB to install all of these OSs onto the micro SD. 

Remix OS seems to be x86/x64 bootable

and all other listed OSs are obviously x86/x64 compatible. 

thoughts? foreseen issues?

do you think android could use the LTE feature of the new surface pro?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

do you think android could use the LTE feature of the new surface pro?

no definitley no.

Don't know about anything else but that's a definite no

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

no definitley no.

Don't know about anything else but that's a definite no

why do you think no?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

why do you think no?

No point in writing a driver for something that no one is ever going to use

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

No point in writing a driver for something that no one is ever going to use

generic drivers work pretty well nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, brob said:

i've booted from a USB SD card adapter, and the BIOS has SD card options in the boot order menu. i'd still give this a shot.

This is just a bad idea all around. First off, you can't do MacOS. Second, SD cards? Really? You know how soon those things are, right? Even the fast ones?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

This is just a bad idea all around. First off, you can't do MacOS. Second, SD cards? Really? You know how soon those things are, right? Even the fast ones?

it's fast enough to boot into RAM and work with. it's not about speed, it's about interchangability, and disposability. 

why can't you do MacOS? hackintosh is a thing, i'm sure you know. and i'm sure it can be put on a USB /SD

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

it's fast enough to boot into RAM and work with. it's not about speed, it's about interchangability, and disposability. 

why can't you do MacOS? hackintosh is a thing, i'm sure you know. and i'm sure it can be put on a USB /SD

How would you get something with limited X86 compatibility to boot into RAM like Android? And I don't know if there's been a good release of MacOS for the Surface. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2