Laptop screen sometimes dosen't turn on when waking from sleep

lobster_zoidberg

I have a HP Pavilion, which I have had for a year but just did a fresh Windows install on. Several time, when I open the lid, I find that the power is on on my Laptop, the fan is running, but the screen is off, and won't turn on. If I close the lid, it remains on, and won't sleep again, but the screen dosen't show. I have to hold down the power button and restart it. Most of the time though, when I have opened it, it has woken up and the screen shows up fine. Every time the screen woudn't turn on, the laptop was charging, and it has happened exactly once every day since I installed Windows, all at around the same time of day (3-7PM), so I think it could be some windows setting causing it. Does anyone know what it could be? 

check the sleep and hibernation settings in the power menu. hibernation has always given me issues in windows. 

7 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

check the sleep and hibernation settings in the power menu. hibernation has always given me issues in windows. 

It's set to hibernate after 180 minutes of sleep, and to allow 'wake events' only when charging. It dosen't allow hybrid sleep.