Nothing displays on the screen after turning on my pc.

Crazie_Flash

After seeing that one of my ram sticks was not working, I decided to try to go in and fix it. I removed my ram and put them in different slots in the motherboard, and now, when I turn my pc on, nothing displays on my monitor. I didn’t touch anything else, and everything else lights up like normal, so I think I may have done something with my ram, but I don’t know. Any solutions?

Do you have lights on your motherboard that indicate what's wrong, also try reseating them again, you may not have pushed them all the way in.

Yeah, definietely try and make sure all your components are fully seated on the motherboard. If that doesn't work, while its fully powered down, take everything off the motherboard except the CPU and ONE stick of memory and then try to boot to BIOS. If that works, power down and swap out that stick for another stick until you identify if one of the sticks of RAM is bad. Once you identify which stick is bad, replace it. You can always run with just one temporarily while you wait for a replacement.

@michelin_boi=much moto, very wow
need best cpu cooling? add 2 stroke oil (but no, really don't)
5 things newegg doesn't want you to know:

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

1 minute ago, michelin_boi said:

Yeah, definietely try and make sure all your components are fully seated on the motherboard. If that doesn't work, while its fully powered down, take everything off the motherboard except the CPU and ONE stick of memory and then try to boot to bios. If that works, power down and swap out that stick for another stick until you identify in one of the sticks is bad. Once you identify which stick is bad, replace it. You can always run with just one temporarily while you wait for a replacement.

Should I take out the gpu? My intel cpu has no graphics card.

You have to put the RAM in the right slots as show in the motherboard manual. You cannot just put in any of them and expect it to work.

12 minutes ago, Crazie_Flash said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wVYWGX/msi-motherboard-x99asliplus

this is the link to my motherboard. I will try reseating the ram right now.

How many slots are you occupying atm? Sorry, maybe I did not read correctly, but did you place the ram sticks back to their original position? On the manual you can find where they go when they are half the amount of the slots available.

deleted, see below

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

12 minutes ago, Crazie_Flash said:

Should I take out the gpu? My intel cpu has no graphics card.

They're likely being provided power by the PSU, which is why they are lighting up. Try using only ONE stick of ram to boot into BIOS, or at least see if it will post. Also try using your motherboard video out while you are troubleshooting. I reccomend temporarily removing all peripherals (GPU, HDD, etc) off the mobo except memory and cpu to troubleshoot memory issues.
Most modern motherboards should have a basic integrated graphics chipset for running BIOS, so you shouldn't have to worry about removing your GPU. Isolate your bad RAM first, then you can worry about plugging everything back in.
Also, please post your H/W specs:

-RAM Model and #of sticks (pictures help too)

-CPU

-GPU

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

I just tried taking out the ram completely and booting, and something different happened so it might be something else such as the gpu.

1 minute ago, Crazie_Flash said:

I just tried taking out the ram completely and booting, and something different happened so it might be something else such as the gpu.

What happened? Please be descriptive, it helps us help you. Also, did you unplug anything else?

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

4 minutes ago, Crazie_Flash said:

Okay, so I took a look at your motherboard's specs from the link you sent. You motherboard doesn't have onboard video either, which is somewhat unhelpful. As long as your GPU works, you should still be able to troubleshoot.

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

2 minutes ago, michelin_boi said:

What happened? Please be descriptive, it helps us help you. Also, did you unplug anything else?

When my ram was in, all of my lights turned on, and stayed on. When it wasn’t in they would turn on and off over and over again. My pc list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CarletonD/saved/M7sdnQ

Ok, thats because your motherboard is failing power on self test (POST) because it can't find memory.
As I said before, please try plugging in only one RAM stick at a time into slot 0 (check your motherboard manual to find out which one this is).
If the mothboard boots to BIOS, the RAM is good. That means you can set aside that RAM module for now as good and test the next one.
Has this computer EVER booted correctly, btw?

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

1 hour ago, michelin_boi said:

Ok, thats because your motherboard is failing power on self test (POST) because it can't find memory.
As I said before, please try plugging in only one RAM stick at a time into slot 0 (check your motherboard manual to find out which one this is).
If the mothboard boots to BIOS, the RAM is good. That means you can set aside that RAM module for now as good and test the next one.
Has this computer EVER booted correctly, btw?

I’ve been using it for a year.

Ok, so it has worked before. When you started fussing around inside the PC did you make sure to turn off and remove the power? Also, did you do as I asked and test each of your memory modules individually?

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

30 minutes ago, michelin_boi said:

Ok, so it has worked before. When you started fussing around inside the PC did you make sure to turn off and remove the power? Also, did you do as I asked and test each of your memory modules individually?

Yes, and Yes, I already did all of that.

Did you find a bad module?

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

1 hour ago, michelin_boi said:

Did you find a bad module?

Tested every one, and they both don’t work in any of the slots:(

212952CD-5B36-4CDD-BA5D-2CAFC44D1F1E.jpeg

052C1085-1657-421D-958D-FE22BB8E937C.jpeg

I don’t think it’s a ram problem because when I take out the ram and try, something clearly different happens. The computer seems to work fine, except for displaying something on the screen. I’m thinking about maybe reseating my gpu.

It's likely not the RAM, agreed at this point, but without being there I can't say for sure. Troubleshooting would be much easier from a distance if we could rule out your GPU.

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

15 minutes ago, michelin_boi said:

It's likely not the RAM, agreed at this point, but without being there I can't say for sure. Troubleshooting would be much easier from a distance if we could rule out your GPU.

I just reseated my gpu, nothing changed. The only reason that I think it’s ram is because that’s the only thing I changed before boot. Should I try resetting my bios settings? I literally can’t do anything on my own pc other than with the hardware. But there is a button to reset my bios.

Go for it. Don't think it could hurt.

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales