Windows wall paper issue

mbryant
Go to solution Solved by HunterScott,
7 minutes ago, mbryant said:

Hey all, so I recently got a laptop and I use the same info to log into that as my desktop. I've found on both computers that when I sign in they match wall papers. I.E I shut down my desktop and use my laptop then when I boot my desktop again the wallpaper there is the same as my laptop. I'm going to check all my settings after I post this, but I'm hoping one of you can help me! 

EDIT* I'm assuming it's "Sync Windows Settings" yeah?

That would be the setting! Knock that sucker off and you're free to customise to your heart's content! :D

Hey all, so I recently got a laptop and I use the same info to log into that as my desktop. I've found on both computers that when I sign in they match wall papers. I.E I shut down my desktop and use my laptop then when I boot my desktop again the wallpaper there is the same as my laptop. I'm going to check all my settings after I post this, but I'm hoping one of you can help me! 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

Have you signed into your Microsoft account on both computers?

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

That's what a Microsoft Account does. Is there something wrong?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, HunterScott said:

Have you signed into your Microsoft account on both computers?

Yes

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Just now, mbryant said:

Yes

That would be why. Your Microsoft account syncs between PC's, just like Apple's iCloud does. If you sign out of your Microsoft account on one PC and use a local account, you can set individual wallpapers. There is potentially a way to have individual wallpapers whilst being signed into your account, but I am unsure of this method.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

7 minutes ago, mbryant said:

That would be the setting! Knock that sucker off and you're free to customise to your heart's content! :D

― Charles Bukowski